Gas Power Supply Chain Sourcing Intern - Summer 2024
Job Description Summary
Description: As a Gas Power Co-op/Intern we will prepare you for an exciting career in manufacturing/supply chain, tackling one of the world’s toughest challenges of providing cleaner, more accessible energy.
Sourcing Assignment Include:
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- You may solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, using available expertise from supporting organizations.
- Additional projects may involve implementing purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations and evaluating current and anticipated requirements
Potential Locations Include:
- Greenville, South Carolina; Schenectady New York; Atlanta, Georgia and other Gas Power Locations
Co-op/Interns will be reimbursed for reasonable, proper, and documented expenditures incurred while initially reporting to work and returning to school/home upon completion of the assignment. Employees with a permanent address greater than 50 miles from the work location are eligible.
Co-op/Interns employees receive a weekly housing allowance to help off-set living expenses when the co-op/Intern’s permanent residence is at least 50 miles away from the work location.
- May/June to August 2023 (Summer)
- *Co-Op opportunities to be staffed and defined as applicable
- Must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an engineering discipline as listed below.
- Following majors accepted: Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
- Must submit your application for employment through https://www.ge.com/university
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
- Must have the ability to work in the US for an unlimited amount of time without sponsorship
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No