Control System Commissioning Engineer
Job Description SummaryResponsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope.
PLEASE NOTE: Location: Remote in Hungary & Poland. Applicants with European Union citizenship are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the Job/Job Mission
Put the equipment of control system package into service under his / her responsibility according to EHS and Quality standard and respecting the given delays.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare the commissioning activities for the concerned product / package:
- Receive the preparation package including (but not limited to), drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manual, settings notices, Safety notices, commissioning procedures and test reports, field quality working plan, general and specific risk assessment related to the commissioning works, last software version, Site organization chart and communication channel, commissioning schedule
- Set-up the necessary tools including associated calibration certificate
- Execute the commissioning activities of the designated scope of works strictly
- following the EHS rules and according to the quality standards:
- Verify the completion of the erection activities and sign the hand over certificate, define the associated punch list if required.
- Perform risk assessment and take appropriate control measures before starting any major testing & Commissioning.
- Issue or take work permit as per site PTW norms for the erection / commissioning
- Perform the individual tests of the equipment of the designated scope
- Perform the functional tests of the equipment of the designated scope
- Perform the tests and final adjustments of the equipment during the overall tests
- Manage the non-conformity raised during the commissioning activities and reportit through the NCM database
- Issue weekly report to the Commissioning Manager and the Head Commissioning department including progress of works and forecast
- Manage the subcontractor staff if any
- Complete the commissioning activities:
- Issue the final test reports and manage to have it signed by the Client / Engineer
- Issue the red-marked drawings
- Deliver training to the Client personnel if required
- Manage to have a minimalist punch list (issue an internal punch list if necessary)
- Provide feedback of experience to the Head of commissioning department.
2. Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
- Achieving all Commissioning milestones within the site schedule
- Maintaining customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Representation of GE Hydro in front of the customer Engineers.
- Always maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE Hydro.
3. Functional/transverse (optional)
- Responsible to give/ share feedback of experience to H.O (Head of Commissioning)
- Ear mark or convey if any deviation noticed at site equipment/ work as per standards followed.
Specific Functional/Technical authority (besides DoA):
- Is authorized to take urgent or emergency action to remedy sudden problems or discrepancies.
Measurement / Key Performance Indicators
- System wise or package wise major milestones achieved on time.
- Package wise site Commissioning targets are achieved.
- Machines are performing well with desired parameters for concern package.
- All the contractual requirements and tests are met for designated package
- All the punch points are closed for designated package
- EHS Road Map targets are achieved with zero lost time injuries or fatalities.
- Customer satisfaction survey targets are achieved.
- All required performance assessments are completed.
- All the protocols/ final data/ settings communicated to HO (Commissioning head)
- Red marked drawings for designated package are updated and submitted to HO (Commissioning head)
- All the feedbacks are furnished to HO (Commissioning head)
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college or a high school diploma with relevant experience.
- Experience in the Project Management & Installation & Construction.
- Experience with Hydro turbines/generators is preferred.
- Professional working English language skills (written & verbal).
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers.
- Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
What Do We Offer?
- Career growth opportunity
- Professional and personal development trainings
- Enthusiastic team with supportive leaders
- Multicultural and diverse environment
- A pleasant and modern work infrastructure
- Competitive salary with benefits (including medical insurance as well)
- Home office opportunity
Relocation Assistance Provided: No