Turbine Commissioning Engineer
Job Description SummaryThe turbine & governing commissioning engineer is responsible to ensure the proper operation of the installations and settings on site. He defines the commissioning processes and ensures the proper application of health, safety, and environment [HSE] compliance, while strictly following international quality standards and GE policies, until handing over the machine/equipment to the customer within scheduled time and budgeted.
PLEASE NOTE: Location: Remote in Hungary & Poland. Applicants with European Union citizenship are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hydraulic turbine [Francis, Pump turbine, Kaplan, Pelton …]
- Auxiliaries [ Instrumentation, guide bearing, thrust bearing, shaft seal, Butterfly valve, spherical valve, cooling system, air compressor ….]
- Hydromechanics equipment: Dam gates [spillway, intake gate …]
- Speed governing system [Electronic cubicle + oil pressure unit]
- Prepare the commissioning activities related to turbine, governing or hydromechanical scope.
- Receive the preparation package including (but not limited to), drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manual, settings notes, calculation notes, commissioning procedures and test reports, field quality working plan, general and specific risk assessment related to the commissioning works, last software version, Site organization chart and communication channel, commissioning schedule …
- Set-up the necessary tools including associated calibration certificate.
- Perform HSE onboarding prior site mobilization
- Initiate/perform technical briefing with project management and engineering.
- Execute commissioning activities of the designated scope of works strictly following the HSE rules and according to the quality standards:
- Verify the completion of the erection activities and sign the hand over certificate, define the associated punch list if required
- Perform the individual & functional tests of the equipment in dry condition (cubicle energization, electrical test, instrumentation set-up, oil pump test, operating time adjustment of servomotors as requested by engineering calculation, PID positioner loops optimization, functional sequence test of each subsystem with main control system.
- Participate to the water filling of the machine
- Perform the tests and final adjustments of the equipment during the overall tests in wet condition (colling water flows adjustment, first run , mechanical run , overspeed/runaway test , PID optimization , load rejection test , heat run test , on load governor test and fine tuning.
- Manage the non-conformity raised during the commissioning activities and report it through the NCM database
- Issue weekly report to the commissioning Manager/back office/project management, including progress of works and forecast
- Manage the subcontractor staff, if any.
Complete the commissioning activities:
- Issue the final test reports and manage to have it signed by the Client / Engineer
- Issue the red-marked drawings
- Deliver training to the Client personnel if required
- Manage to have a minimalist punch list
- Provide feedback of experience to construction & commissioning department and engineering.
- Specific technical training
- Specific mission for machine/system improvement
- Achieving all Commissioning milestones on time without budgetary impact
- Maintaining customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Representation of GE in front of the customer Engineers
- Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE
- Ability to delegate, priority management
- Mechanical engineering University degree (comparable with bachelor / master) or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (Mechanical & electrical drawing, P&ID diagram
- Good English speaker/writer
- Valid passport and car driver’s license
- Second language highly recommended: French / German
- 3 years’ experience in field commissioning of rotating machine is an advantage
- New graduates may be considered
- Ability to analyze results and provide solutions
- Ability to make quick and thorough decisions even under customer pressure
- Self-motivated and achiever
- Organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in multicultural teamwork, open minded, flexible
- Interest in field activities and technical issue solving mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel abroad for short- and long-term mission as required by the business, and work in intercultural organization for at minimum 5 years in the same position.
What Do We Offer?
- Career growth opportunity
- Professional and personal development trainings
- Enthusiastic team with supportive leaders
- Multicultural and diverse environment
- A pleasant and modern work infrastructure
- Competitive salary with benefits (including medical insurance as well)
- Home office opportunity
Relocation Assistance Provided: No