Military DoD SkillBridge Internship - On Wing Support Tech
Job Description SummaryThe Military DoD SkillBridge program is an opportunity for Service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service. SkillBridge connects Service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. Separating Service members can be granted up to 180 days of permissive duty to focus solely on training full-time with approved industry partners after unit commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) provides written authorization and approval. GE Aviation as a Skill Bridge partner offers real-world training and work experience in in-demand fields of work while having the opportunity to evaluate the Service member’s suitability for the work. Military DoD SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from GE Aviation, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
The On Wing Support Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance, repair and field services. In the On Wing Support Technician role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
Locations available include: Dallas, TX and Cincinnati, OH
In addition, as the On Wing Support Technician, you will:
- Perform maintenance on GE/CFM aircraft engines around the world to the highest quality standards.
- Partner with planning team and CVG inspectors to execute business-specific strategies—serve customers and win additional business.
- Understand and follow appropriate Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Engine Shop Manual procedures.
- Demonstrate required knowledge of OWS Quality Procedures, as well as FAA/EASA Part 145 requirements and procedures. Act in accordance with the site’s Repair Station and Quality Control Manual and other applicable regulation/bounds.
- Perform supplementary shop and housekeeping duties as required
- Build customer relationships through good communication skills and understanding of customer perspectives.
- Take ownership for and follow through on full scope of work tasks and projects.
Qualifications / Requirements:
High School diploma / GED
Federal Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (A&P) license
- Active Military personnel
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to domestic and international air locations of large commercial engines, as required
Additional Eligibility Requirement:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Desired Skills / Experience:
6 months of experience in repair of large commercial engines
Approach work with a can-do” attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
Prior co-op or internship experience within GE On Wing Support
Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability are a must
Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
LEAP, GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
Demonstrated quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction skills
NDT Level II experience in Ultrasonic, Eddy Current, and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No