Power Electronics Systems Engineer
Job Description SummaryThe Power Electronics Systems Engineer will have full responsibility from concept, requirements, design, development, and testing of state-of-the art power conversion products for next generation military aircraft and ground vehicles. In this role, you will help in developing and certifying electric power systems on military aircraft and ground vehicles.
- Responsible for creating and managing system derived and decomposed requirements.
- Develop a Systems Engineering lifecycle plan
- Capture Stakeholder Expectations (customer requirements)
- Develop System level requirements and allocate them to architecture elements (system, hardware, software)
- Support the development of hardware & software requirements
- Support the development of interface control documents
- Support the development of verification test plans & procedures
- Generate and maintain a Verification Cross Reference Matrix
- Coordinate requirements changes, deviations & waivers
- Support the development and review of design documents
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams (systems, firmware, software, hardware, testing and mechanical engineering)
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience in requirements development, verification, and validation of avionics power systems
- Knowledge of avionics electrical power systems, technical requirements, and certification requirements
- Experience with applicable engineering tools and systems (i.e. DOORs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute and lead in a team environment
- Experience in program or project leadership in an engineering environment
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, DO-254, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standards
- Understanding of MIL-STD-704, DO-160 or similar standards
The salary range for this position is 94,500 – 157,500 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes