Transport & Lifting Engineer - Port Operations
Job Description SummaryFor the position of Transport & Lifting Engineer – Port Operations, you will be responsible for the technical expertise associated with transport and lifting of Offshore Wind Turbine Generator components, to support commercial activity and project execution.
You will operate for the Project Management Office (PMO) – within the Marshalling Harbor function.
The operational missions of the Marshalling Harbor department consist in the reception of wind turbine components (720t nacelles, 107m blades) delivered from factories to the port installation area by sea, transport and storage in compliance with HSE and Quality company standards, preservation, preliminary commissioning, pre-assembly of tower sections, and preparation for load-out on board the installation vessel.
You demonstrate experience in the field of heavy transportation and lifting, in-depth knowledge of the crane market and other transport equipment, and the applicable international regulations.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- Responsible for the identification and deployment of technical solutions, creating and delivering technical analyses, primarily related to transport, storage, lifting, and mobilization operations at Marshalling Harbor, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and program requirements, in accordance with the contract and GE's quality and EHS processes.
- Participate in the development and design of port logistics strategies during offshore wind projects commercial phases.
- Responsible for writing specifications, calculations, lifting plans, work instructions, in the context of port operations.
- Evaluate and comment the documentary production of subcontractors.
- Participate in the training of General Electric personnel assigned to projects.
- Participate in the review of customer contractual documentation associated with MH logistics and lifting activities.
- Interpret contractual terms and specifications to produce technical specifications and work instructions.
- Participate in project risk assessment and application of appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Support site safety and environmental initiatives in collaboration with GE stakeholders.
- Participate in continuous improvement and lessons learned initiatives related to the MH function.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested by the PMO.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of heavy transport and lifting applied to the execution of industrial projects
- English, French (recommended)
- Able to argue his work by creating calculation notes and lifting plans.
- Willingness to comply with legislative and normative compliance requirements.
- Pragmatic, rigorous, dedicated to providing quality work.
- Synthesis capacity.
- Quick to learn and open to the adoption and implementation of innovative solutions .
- Sensitive to the commercial and environmental impacts generated by the result of its work.
- Ability to organize work under varying time constraints, prioritize demanding workloads.
- Willing to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Dynamic attitude and problem solving.
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders including site teams, customers, contractors
The salary range for this position is 94,000.00 - 157,000.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a 15% performance bonus. Available benefits include Health, Medical, 401K, and Paid Leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No