Sr Product Management- Combat Engines
Job Description SummaryBoeing’s T-7A Red Hawk was selected by the USAF to be the aircraft that will train the next generation of future pilots. GE’s F404-103 is the engine powering this all-new advanced aircraft system. It’s an exciting opportunity to lead this program through its qualification while also preparing for entry into service and sustainment. Come lead the team that will be responsible for the completion of the qualification and helping to restart the F404 line which is the future product for our Combat Trainer Engine Division in Lynn.
As the Boeing T-7A Product Manager you will be accountable for the operational, financial, customer and product requirements for the F404-103 engine platform. You will build strong customer relationships and manage complex issues by leading a matrixed GE organization to meet business and customer goals. You will be responsible for executing the current EMD program and continuing negotiations for future sustainment. Additionally, you will integrate with the Boeing and USAF team to support the US Military as the F404-103 prepares to enter service.
- Meet established business financial goals and be responsible for execution of T-7A program
- Apply your demonstrated expertise to differentiate the reputation of GE and the F404 product working with Engineering, Finance, Contracts, Manufacturing Programs, Field Support, Product Support, Supply Chain, Military Customer Support, Sales and Services
- Develop proposals, negotiate contracts, and execute contracts for production kits and additional engineering and support as requested by the customer.
- Be passionate and competent in establishing and managing programs to enhance the performance, durability, maintainability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction while achieving the highest safety and integrity standards
- Lead investigations / efforts into product shortfalls, field events, or durability issues and oversee the required field control plans and improvement plans in accordance with project / program guidelines
- Drive team to define and execute cost-out strategies that align to our business commitments
- Plan, coordinate and present Program Reviews with internal and external customers
- Contribute to critical internal business processes for assigned products (e.g. Program Control Board (PCB), Safety PMT)
- Develop product and sales strategies that meet the needs of the USAF
- Maintain and build customer relationships, including the Boeing, USAF, and future FMS customers
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Product Management or 12 years in Product Development with significant customer experiences
- Practical experience with Lean practices including problem solving and action plans
- Strong program, technical and customer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand program and business requirements and develop action plans to meet or exceed goals.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills.
- Direct experience working with US Military customers at multiple levels
- Strong internal and external communication skills
- Clear thinker
- Practical engineering experience on aircraft engines
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to deliver excellent outcomes
- Practical experience developing and executing strategic market capture plans
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes