Product Manager (m/f)
Job Description Summary
The Combined Cycle Product Management team is responsible for Product Strategy definition and implementation for Gas Plants Steam Turbines, Generators, HRSGs and integrated Bottoming Cycle Power Island Equipment, including development of the new unit products and managing services product offerings for all lifecycle phases of the fleet. The Combined Cycle team supports horizontally the Product Management ‘Vertical’ Teams across the varieties of Gas Turbine platforms offerings.
This role is within the New Unit Steam Turbine & Plant Systems Product Management Team and will report to the Steam Turbine & Plant Systems Senior Product Manager. The person in this role will be responsible for gathering, understanding, and data aggregation to help define, drive, and implement GE’s Combine Cycle Steam Turbine and Plant Systems strategy and products.
In addition, the person in this role will help develop differentiated products and define their value proposition in cooperation with other Product managers, Engineering teams, Manufacturing teams, Technical Competitive Intelligence teams, Application Engineering and Region Commercial/Sales teams.
This is a critical role with significant opportunity to demonstrate creative problem-solving, technical, commercial, communication and process skills in a complex, global and fast-paced environment, working with international cross functional teams.
- Help drive key product decisions by analyzing and making conclusions from internal and external product information.
- Analyze HA class offerings to determine and implement options and quoting limits for the bottoming cycle systems/sub systems levels.
- Understand the competition’s product portfolio and offerings, including their value proposition, differentiation and should cost, benchmarking against GE’s offerings.
- Understand current and future market needs, working with cross functional teams.
- Work with the team to help propose and implement product improvement programs impacting cost, performance, operability, constructability, delivery cycle, and quality/reliability, to increase GE’s value proposition.
- Drive product commercialization, deployment/training, launch and promotion in liaison with marketing, and sales/commercial teams.
- Monitor Cost of Quality (CoQ) and drive systematic product quality issues to resolution.
- Promote GE Plant and Bottoming Cycle solutions internally and externally.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Strong experience in Power Generation with a focus in Product Management, Engineering, Commercial Operation and/or Project Management
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive level presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and execution experience with international cross functional teams, able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the critical few” issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
- Working knowledge of Gas Plants, Steam Water Cycle, Steam Turbine, Generator and HRSGs.
For U.S. based candidates only, for purposes of complying with U.S. pay transparency requirements, the base pay range for this position is 89,600.00 - 149,400.00 USD Annual. The specific pay offered may be influenced by a variety of factors, including the candidate’s experience, education, geographic location and skill set.
This position is also eligible for a 10% annual performance bonus. This position is due to close from the career website on 9/30/2023.
Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage; access to a Health Coach, a 24/7 nurse-based resource; and access to the Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 confidential assessment, counseling and referral services. Retirement benefits include the GE Retirement Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged 401(k) savings opportunity with company matching contributions and company retirement contributions, as well as access to Fidelity resources and planning consultants. Other benefits include tuition assistance, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time-off for vacation or illness.
General Electric Company, Ropcor, Inc., their successors, and in some cases their affiliates, each sponsor certain employee benefit plans or programs (i.e., is a Sponsor”). Each Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend, replace, or modify its benefit plans and programs at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. No individual has a vested right to any benefit under a Sponsor’s welfare benefit plan or program. This document does not create a contract of employment with any individual.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No