Site Quality Specialist - Construction & Commissioning (Hydro)
Job Description SummaryThe Site Quality Specialist (SQS) will be responsible for supporting Construction & Commissioning (Site Installation) team for excellent execution. He/She will be the reference for Quality & Excellence culture at site. Ensure compliance to all technical requirements from engineering during erection and commissioning. Act as the main quality representative at site, towards the customer. Responsible to report and escalate, to the project team, about the Quality matters.
GE Renewable Energy’s portfolio of solutions for hydropower generation includes the broadest range of hydro solutions and services: from water to wire, from individual equipment to complete turnkey solutions, for new plants and the installed base. At GE, we believe that the combination of our extensive hydro and digital intelligence makes GE Renewable Energy well-suited to serve the intense & ongoing energy transition. Smarter and more connected, GE’s hydro plants no longer just generate power, they store it and deliver it to the grid with an unmatched level of predictability, flexibility and efficiency. GE is the largest player with 30% of globally installed base in hydro storage. The company’s turbines and generators portfolio represent more than 25% of the total installed capacity worldwide and encompasses a wide range of solutions from 5 MW to 850 MW power per unit to meet a wide range of needs.
Based on site, will support Site Manager for the preparation of all resources needed for excellent execution at site, including trainings, personal qualifications, proper information, etc.
- Foster Quality mindset at site.
- Perform process audits at site
- Control and distribution of documents;
- Control of measurement and tests devices;
- Manage Storage and preservation;
- Welding process;
- Painting process;
- Material traceability;
- Manage Personal qualifications for special processes;
- Manage Quality records.
- Support the preparation of documents to protect GE in case of third party claims.
- Report quantitative quality metrics related to site activities.
- Collect, verify and organize quality records.
- Manage all non-conformities detected at site.
- Support the proper registration of non-conformities as they arise.
- Monitor and register the execution of curative actions.
- Lead or support the root-cause analysis of non-conformities detected at site.
- Assure the execution of the process from Red Mark to As-Build documentation.
- Lead or support the implementation of corrective actions at site.
- Lead or support cross functional process improvements at site.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) from an accredited university or college; or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years of experience with a background in Quality and/or Engineering and/or Manufacturing/Shop Operation
- Project Management – PMI/Prince/PMBOK, 8D/RCA, Risk Management, Cost of Quality Management, Customer Management, APQPAbility to read and comprehend technical drawings is requested.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral; and preferably other languages
- Experience in hydro power house
- Experience in Construction & Commissioning
- Knowledge of GE quality system, including policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and well with external Customers and internally in the Organization.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
The base salary range for this position is $77,500-$113,500 USD/year. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation.GE offers benefits and programs to help you manage your personal and family needs, grow and develop you and your career, support your work / life integration, and help you stay connected through volunteerism, employee networks, and philanthropy.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No