Job Opportunity: Electrical Engineer for Medical Device Innovation
Location: Downtown Boston with a View of Boston Common Park
Are you a skilled and motivated Electrical Engineer with a passion for medical device innovation? Join our dynamic team and work alongside a lead electrical engineer to contribute to the hardware, firmware, and manufacturing of groundbreaking medical devices. Your expertise will help drive the development of cutting-edge solutions that impact lives. Embrace the vibrant Boston location as the backdrop to your work bench.
- Collaborate closely with the lead electrical engineer to drive the hardware, firmware, and manufacturing aspects of a medical device.
- Design and construct electronics, code software, automate processes, process data, and address various engineering requirements.
- Provide essential support in developing the hardware manufacturing process. This includes maintaining quality control, creating test code, building, and supporting testing jigs, liaising with manufacturing facilities, analyzing manufacturing data, and implementing improvements.
- Acquire knowledge about compliance requirements for medical devices, including learning how to craft official FDA documentation and providing support throughout the medical device's lifecycle.
- Gain insights into product inventory management, troubleshoot technical customer complaints, and collaborate with product management and sales teams to ensure consistent product availability.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Electronics Engineering or a relevant field.
- Proficiency in low-power electronics, encompassing microcontrollers (NRF, STM, TI, or similar), communication protocols (SPI, I2C, UART), power management (battery charging, DC/DC, LDOs), and wireless communication (BLE, WiFi, or similar).
- Capability to build prototypes from the ground up, beginning with schematic design and PCB layout (Altium), generating production files (Gerbers), hands-on assembly (soldering iron + hot air), and creating basic firmware to validate functionality (using C).
- Proficiency in Python for basic programming tasks, including automation, simple data processing, and basic visualization.
- Familiarity with various Integrated Development Environments (Keil, IAR, VS Code, Eclipse, CCStudio, STM32Cube, or similar).
- Basic knowledge of simple CAD design, with preference given to experience with Solidworks, and familiarity with 3D printing processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially in documentation and inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills autonomously and absorb information independently.
Why Join Us:
This is your chance to make a real impact by contributing to the advancement of medical device technology. As part of our team, you will work on cutting-edge projects and gain exposure to various aspects of medical device development, compliance, and customer support.
If you're ready to take your electrical engineering career to the next level and be a vital part of shaping the future of medical devices, apply now and be part of our innovative journey!