Clinical Nurse Manager - Same Day Services - 2208274
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for the clinical management coordination of the overall activities of the assigned site. Creates and environment that nurtures empowerment of team members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams; pursues and encourages continuous quality management and innovation; improve the levels of communication, teamwork, participation and acknowledgement between all staff. Ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction.
- Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hire, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions
- Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities. Provides input based on observations related to counseling and disciplinary issues. Implements corrective actions plans as required
- Plans, implements and evaluates the clinical staffing needs on a daily basis to adequately support patient care in a given area in the site; assigning clinical staff based upon scheduled patients with appropriate pool of clinical staff, practice volume, staff qualifications and department policy. Cross-trains clinical staff for appropriate clinical coverage
- Performs patient care activities as necessary to assist staff
- Assists Site Administrator or others in responding to patient concerns as needed. Monitors and addresses patient complaints within position responsibility. Ensures the highest level of patient satisfaction. Works with physicians and others to address and prevent problems
- Provides effective leadership, direction, and guidance over the clinical staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with clinic-wide initiatives
- Assists in developing policies and programs within the department consistent with organizational policies and procedures; acts as a positive role model for staff
- Assists in management of patient flow and access. Matches patient volumes and staffing to meet expectations of patients/customers
- Evaluates daily patient flow in the site to maintain access standards and open communication with patients and care team; makes adjustments as appropriate to maintain organized, efficient patient flow within the primary care teams
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, Director of Operations or others, provides clinical staff with information, education and tools to ensure they are supporting efficient patient flow and telephone triage in the site
- Participates in the development and recommendation of the operating and capital budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to ensure financial goals met. Monitors expenditures for compliance to approved budget. Resolves discrepancies
- Promotes collaborative relationships between clinical staff and other departments. Participates in the development and implementation of clinical performance standards including on-going monitoring of clinical staff competence
- Mentors clinical staff in the creation of a climate of clinical and professional expertise. Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and communicate frequently with other members of the care team and administrative teams; orchestrates and actively participates in daily rounding for his/her assigned clinical areas
- Implements and ensures adherence to new clinical practice, standards, protocols and guidelines
- Oversees all clinical equipment and supplies. Resolves discrepancies as required
- Oversees the triage process. Monitors telephone triage for appropriateness of treatment plan, use of therapeutic communication techniques, and other indicators of quality. Ensures adherence and resolves discrepancies as required
- Oversees medications and immunization. Ensure proper storage, labeling, dates are appropriate. Resolves discrepancies as required
- Oversees all clinical processes such as delivery of care, nurse visits, huddles, ED reports, etc. Ensures adherence and resolves discrepancies as required
- Oversees and ensure adherence to a variety of standard audits as such handwashing, biohazard process, logs (correct versions, retention and accurate documentation), mock codes, Gemba walks, etc.
- Participates and leads care transformation staff alignment/workflows. Facilitate change efforts and the development of improved work flows
- Participate in a variety of special projects as required or directed
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirement
- Ensures that assigned area comply with clinic established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for assigned area
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is required
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current License as an RN in the State of Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- 3+ years of hands-on nursing experience
- 1+ years of leadership/charge nurse experience in a clinical setting
- Experience in telephone nursing practice within an ambulatory practice setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- ACLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- 5+ years of hands-on nursing experience
- 3+ years of leadership/charge nurse experience in a clinical setting
- IV/Infusion experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.