Medical Receptionist - 2208564
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Reliant Orthopedics has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. The Medical Receptionist is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service, and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical, and service goals.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm or 8:45 am to 5:15 pm a 38.75-hour work week, shift to be determined by supervisor.
Location: 123 Summer Street, Suite 320 Worcester, MA 01608
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- Obtain patient signatures for required documents
- File and maintain medical records
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answering incoming and outgoing telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified via Sparq regarding Optum Employee Policies
- Work cohesively with fellow employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
- Comfortable working in high pace environment
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the Plan of Care
- Assure the continuity of care through scheduling and tracking systems
- Provide effective communication to patient / family team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by documentation, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations
- Comply with administrative policies to ensure quality of care
- Demonstrate precision and efficiency in scanning documents and monitoring the fax server, retrieving and / or scanning documents and assigning to the appropriate electronic chart
- All employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service or Healthcare related experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- Knowledge of Epic EMR software
- Ability to work independently and maintain good judgment and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work well with health care providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet all deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret information from others
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.