Registered Nurse - Field Clinician Watertown, NY - 2208168
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Senior Community Care (SCC) program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in a facility setting. The Optum Care Team RN within SCC provides care to our highest-risk health plan members and is part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of an Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) and a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC). In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. No on-call, no weekends, and no holidays required.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation
- Communicate and collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Collaborate and communicate with PCC to support APC care and scheduling of member
- Assist the provider/team with various care coordination activities
- Assist the provider/team with benefit determination associated with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- Responsible for collaborating with the primary APC and facility to identify and respond to patient change in condition
- Assist the provider/team with therapy coordination
- Participate in facility-based meetings
- Schedule and participate in family conferences, team meetings, and team case presentations
- Coordination of training, tracking, and compliance with quality measures
- Assist in creating and conduct in-services for selected audiences
- Assist Providers in assuring complete and accurate documentation and coding, medication reconciliation, nursing rounds, assessment, and patient documentation
- May write verbal orders from Provider in the chart in compliance with the state RN practice laws, and in compliance with individual nursing facility practices
- Assist in managing members through an acute medical situation or an exacerbation of a chronic condition, including testing, diagnostics, interventions
- Assist in managing members during a short term sub-acute rehabilitation episode
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree or higher in Nursing (RN)
- Active and unrestricted license in the state which you reside, or ability to obtain by start date
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Ability to complete physical requirements, including lifting a 30-pound bag and ability to perform physical assessment
- Ability to travel in-between facilities
- Access to reliable transportation
- 1+ years of clinical experience in practice (acute care setting preferred)
- Experience in meeting the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Saline Lock insertion experience
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $58,300 to $114,300 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.