Pharmacy Manager - Community - 2209628
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Pharmacy Manager is a key position that has a substantial impact with our consumers and clinic partners by partnering and advising both on our pharmaceutical care services and benefits. This individual is responsible for the financial, clinical and quality for pharmacy services and will oversee the daily operations of a pharmacy including dispensing prescription medication and spending one-on-one time with the consumers. Coaching, developing and managing pharmacy staff is also a key responsibility of this role. The manager will act as a talent steward and proactively seek top talent for the pharmacy roles.
- Creates a great consumer and clinic partner experience and continually builds solid relationships with both groups to proactively meet their needs
- Serves as an expert to the clinical staff and proactively meets with their team on meeting their clinical outcomes
- Counsels and educates patients on the usage of medications, adverse effects, schedules and any personal questions from the consumers
- Ensures the pharmacy and team members follow policies and standards in accordance with state and federal laws
- Performs wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots and other preventive services
- Responsible for financial profitability and identifies opportunities to drive growth in the pharmacy
- Motivates, develops and coaches all pharmacy staff to ensure they are meeting their potential and delivering exceptional service
- Creates an engaging team environment which promotes compassion and models our core values and culture amongst the team
- Proactively promotes opportunities and recruiting top talent at our pharmacies
- Reviews key performance indicators with pharmacy staff and identifies trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conducts workforce planning and business planning to have operational excellence at the site
- Builds solid relationships with the community, stakeholders and clinic partners to ensure we are meeting all needs and promote the pharmacy business
- Drives marketing plans ad materials to promote all pharmacy offerings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS or Pharm D
- MA Pharmacist license
- Immunization certified
- 3+ years management experience
Management Success Practices:
- Being customer centric: These leaders are finding out what their customers want, then design processes and plan the work to create a better customer experience
- Developing Others: Managers need to make sure that the right talent is in the right job, with capabilities aligned to the demands of the work. Managers who set the conditions for development act as talent stewards. By providing ongoing coaching and feedback and supporting mobility into other roles or development experiences, they help employees achieve fulfilling results
- Communicating enterprise purpose: This includes communicating vision, values, culture, strategy, objectives and goals. The manager and the team then have to translate the purpose into the specific tasks of the team, so everyone know where everything fits
- Creating high performing teams: Creating and fostering high-performing teams is essential. An effective team has task clarity and right assembly of talent to do the job. Team members have accountabilities and know what to do. The team culture is collaborative. Measures are in place to monitor progress, including
- feedback loops to add corrective advice and counsel
- Assuring results: Managers must deliver through others. They keep their teams on task, focusing on specific goals and targets. Managers will execute on plans while leveraging internal and external customer and stakeholder feedback to make adjustments
- Technical and functional skills: These leaders know their industry, technical platform, key function of all roles and is a life-long learner
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.