Facilities Maintenance Technician - 2208561
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician responds to and resolves daily work requests for maintenance, repair or replacement/relocation of facility, office, clinic, or workspace concerns. Duties include, but are not limited to lighting systems, temperature, plumbing, painting, door/hardware, carpet, wall repair and moving furniture/equipment. They are also responsible for shipping/receiving, internal delivery of supplies/equipment, mail, general maintenance, snow removal, par stocking and other related duties.
- Receives, verifies, and counts inventory and direct purchases. Enters information into the computer system following standard procedure
- Notes delivery location on packages received. Files packing slips and other paperwork in accordance with department policies
- Receives products and unpacks from case packaging as required. Handles product in a manner to minimize damage
- Forwards packing slips/vendor invoices to Accounts Payable
- Prepares packages for shipping through inside and outside services as necessary
- Transports product to proper destination utilizing the appropriate warehouse equipment
- Processes all returned products accurately following standard procedures
- Rotates stock to ensure oldest is used first so stock does not expire. Replenishes stock as needed
- Utilizes computer pick sheets, retrieves product from shelves and packages for shipment as required
- Provides documentation to inventory control and assists with physical inventories as required
- Delivers and collects interoffice, USPS/bulk mail, medical records, x-rays, supplies, etc. Ensures effective and timely interoffice delivery and collection
- Performs routine maintenance activities such as, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, shutting off water due to leaking faucets or drains, clogs, miscellaneous repairs, etc.
- Identifies safety issues such as ripped carpets, cracked cement on walkways, etc. Repairs and/or notifies appropriate areas of issues
- Receives requests for shelving, light moves, temp controls, etc. Processes the requests within position responsibility
- Maintains building maintenance inventory at established levels. Orders and receives inventory as required
- Greets and directs contractors such as electricians, plumbers, HVAC, roofing, carpenters, etc., to the location of the issue. Has contractors return after repair and follows up with appropriate area
- Monitors and maintains a variety of monthly, quarterly and yearly inspection/logs such as extinguishers, emergency lighting, exit lighting, fire, generator, elevator, sprinkler, fire alarm, building evacuation, etc., following standard procedure
- Maintains and updated egress chart as required
- Completes documentation such as time sheets, preventative maintenance sheets, etc. following standard procedure
- Identifies and recognizes needed repairs. Implements and troubleshoots corrective action through proper channels
- Plans workload in order to evaluate priorities and achieve efficiency in the schedule
- Maintains, repairs, and utilizes all tools and equipment in an appropriate manner
- Reports to supervisor any unsafe or non-routine issues
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Removes and replaces full Sharp containers, Bio-Hazard boxes from departments to designated storage area, emptying bins containing HIPPA materials for shredding, etc., following standard procedures
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as Community Health Accreditation Program, Department of Transportation, Federal Drug Administration, etc. Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of general maintenance experience
- Knowledge in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to count, read, write, speak and follow oral instructions in English
- Current valid Massachusetts driver’s license
- Able to lift packages, boxes up to 50 pounds
- Experience in a medical setting
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize various work orders
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.