Research Assistant - 2206114
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
It is the expectation of the Executive Team of the organization that each employee support the mission, vision and goals of the organization. Each employee will be responsible for demonstrating core continuous improvement competencies to ensure the appropriate focus is placed on managing the necessary processes to support the strategies, with the ability to problem solve which should result in the identification of root causes and countermeasures to permanently eliminate the problem and supports the organization’s culture of continuous improvement through the lens of providing quality patient care and a strong customer focus.
Each employee will be responsible for demonstrating core competencies by a strong willingness to work with others throughout the organization and be a role model for teamwork and cooperation that results in the highest quality of care and concern for our patients and employees. A core belief at organization, and one that must be demonstrated by all employees, is that each patient and employee is treated with respect and that decisions affecting either are made with integrity and professionalism and promote a high degree of trust. These characteristics along with personal initiative and a strong focus on results are critical to continued success in this role.
Position in this function performs a variety of duties involving assisting with recruitment and enrollment of potential study participants for the All of Us Research Program. Assists in booking enrollment visits, obtains informed consent, and subject questionnaires, as needed. Conducts physical measurements and vital signs, as required.
All of Us is a participant-engaged, data-driven enterprise supporting research at the intersection of human biology, behavior, genetics, environment, data science, computation and much more to produce new knowledge with the goal of developing more effective ways to treat disease.
- Assists in recruitment of study participants at Reliant Medical Group sites as well as community outreach events
- Assists with expansion and set up at new sites and community events
- Supports multiple study functions such as participant check in and out, answering phone, scheduling, etc., and providing cross-coverage to clerical roles, as directed
- Assists in booking enrollment visits, obtains informed consent and questionnaires, and answers questions from participants, as needed
- Conducts physical measurement and vital signs, as needed
- Coordinates shipment of biospecimens to the study Biobank, as needed
- Demonstrates accuracy in recording data using HealthPro
- Books appointments, verifies patients demographics data in EPIC
- Participates in orientation and staff development activities, as requested
- Identifies emergency situations and reports them to the appropriate personnel
- Interacts effectively with study participants and team members
- Prioritizes and organizes work responsibilities and functions independently
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or completed within 90 days of date of hire for positions in direct patient care areas
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, etc.
- Proven solid organizational, interpersonal and computer skills
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position includes floating to a variety of RMG sites as well as community outreach events and will require some weekend and evening hours.
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- PSS experience
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.