InterQual Hospital and Health Systems Sales Executive (RN) - Remote - 2203195
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The InterQual Sales Executive is responsible for driving growth by identifying and seizing sales opportunities for our innovative, market-leading solutions. The primary function is to leverage a deep understanding of the InterQual decision support criteria and software solutions, utilization management workflows and healthcare industry expertise to execute, design, and deploy a sales strategy that will increase revenue and gain net new customers across the market. To learn more about your InterQual product follow this link: InterQual® Technology | InterQual® | Change Healthcare.
We are currently hiring for Sales Executives in the Northeast (NY, MA, VT, NH, ME, RI, CT), Midwest (WI, MN, IL, IN, IA) and Southeast (KS, MO, MS, LA, AL) territories. All roles would be remote with up to 30% travel based on business needs.
You should be ready to face several demanding, diverse, and complex challenges in the actuarial space. You will need a high level of creativity to solve complex actuarial problems while also developing your leadership and project management skills.
- Identifying opportunities to sell solutions into net new and existing customers
- Managing complex, short-term and long-term deal cycles
- Conducting sales presentations
- Maintaining deep understanding of solution set
- Meet and/or exceed all assigned quotas and all performance benchmarks related to the InterQual Product
- Create & maintain a strategic sales plan for the existing customer base and new Hospital market segments consistent with the InterQual Strategic plan
- Effectively manage all relevant sales activities including but not limited to pipeline, strategy, cross departmental issues to achieve objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience working in a clinical position (LPN, RN, ARNP, PA, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional business/operations and/or consulting experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Case Management/Utilization Management processes/workflows
- Willingness to travel 30% within U.S.
- 1+ years of direct sales experience
- Experience selling to/collaborating with hospital executives at the C-suite level
- Experience working with Clinical Decision Support (CDS) solutions
- Business experience involving Utilization Management solutions
- Experience working in a Case Management and/or Utilization Management role
- Confidence in the ability to speak to and sell products related to utilization and case management, quality improvement initiatives and contracting mechanisms related to decision support software and services
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.