Financial Analyst - 2197298
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Financial Analyst will play a key role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team to support a variety of FP&A functions, including budget and forecast, financial reporting and analysis, building financial models and developing clear and compelling reports in support of various business requests.
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Perform trend analysis to identify unique outliers or indicators of changes
- Validate and audit reporting of source system data
- Analyze eligibility, revenue, and medical payment data to identify trends, performance and savings opportunities and work closely with business leaders to support strategic decision-making
- Support and participate in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Perform various ad hoc analysis in support of enterprise initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of relevant experience working in finance/accounting or data analytics role
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Live in the surrounding Worcester, MA location
- Healthcare industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, SmartView and PeopleSoft experience
- Proven solid communication skills to be able to navigate a large organization, often experiencing conflicting information
- Demonstrate a consistent eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet multiple hard deadlines
- Demonstrate the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Flexibility to work in a hybrid office environment
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.