Patient Service Specialist - 2198842
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Service Specialist coordinates the provision of multiple services to patients performing a full range of administrative support services for clinic/site including collection of co-payments, registration and scheduling of patients for medical procedures, tests, associated ancillary services and other related duties. Responsible for providing the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction.
Location: 101 Cedar St. Milford, MA 01757 and 28 Newton Street 2nd Floor Suite 3 Southborough, MA 01772 – Floating between the 2 locations
Department: Multi Specialties
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Verifies, re-verifies and authorizes patient insurance coverage and eligibility utilizing computer-based patient registration/scheduling system
- Verifies and updates demographic, insurance, and other patient information
- Confirms, collects, and posts patient co-payments and other outstanding balances
- Addresses patient-care related telephone calls via an incoming work queue aligning with department metric
- Identifies problem related priorities, and responds to emergency needs by contacting/interrupting physician/provider within guidelines
- Enters new referrals or ensures that existing referral numbers are linked in the system to ensure managed care requirements
- Provides patient education regarding managed care plans and referral process
- Completes and maintains patient schedules. Schedules and coordinates patient visits, medical procedures for both inpatients and outpatients. Communicates with patients regarding all information related to scheduled appointments
- Notifies providers, patients and others of changes such as new scheduling, re-scheduling, no-show, emergency appointments and add-ons
- In patients when they enter the practice and check patients out and scheduled follow up appointments
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in customer service, including the ability to multi-task and resolve patient concerns in a timely manner
- Beginner level of understanding of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to think critically and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.