Strategic Planning Lead, Real Estate Services - Remote - 2182557
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Strategic Planning Lead will develop data driven long-term real estate strategies for UnitedHealth Group. This role will focus on alignment between business objectives, cost reduction and tangible real estate opportunities. This role will manage strategic real estate opportunities using a fact-based decision-making process and synthesize recommendations to senior leaders. This role will optimize real estate asset utilization using data analysis across administrative office and patient facing sites.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a strategic consultant and contact for strategic real estate planning, across clinic and administrative office portfolios
- Evaluate business demand, market factors, risks, and overall corporate objectives in recommending real estate actions
- Effectively communicate the financial impact of long-term Real Estate decisions in business terms
- Work with senior staff to guide and advise business units through effective clinic planning and forecasting activities including strategic growth management
- Analyze opportunities for portfolio improvement and present compelling business cases in a timely manner to achieve agreed upon schedules and guide business leaders through real estate decisions
- Act as business liaison to understand business objectives and translate into real estate plans, actions and solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Real Estate Business Partners and assigned business and finance leaders
- Establish solid understanding of market trends in the office and medical real estate field and keep up to date on current events related to medical office locations including acquisition pipeline
- Manage Plan of Record
- Support the development and management of portfolio plans for assigned business. Set meeting agendas and successfully support fact-based decision process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care management, real estate strategy or related real estate field
- 15+ years of general business or varied real estate experience
- Working real estate experience (Capital Planning, Projects, Transactions, Facilities)
- Experience and ability to develop data driven analysis of a real estate portfolio
- Experience as an effective contributor to cross-functional teams
- Experience and ability to deliver results through best practices and consistent service delivery
- Relevant experience with financial analysis
- Relevant experience with all data analysis/GIS platforms
- Proven solid interpersonal and communication skills with executive presence
- Proven flexible and creative thinking and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to prepare effective, concise presentations
- Experience with a focus on clinic or healthcare real estate
- Proven fact-based decision-making process
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $118,000 to $226,800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.