Strategic Sales Executive, Laboratory Sales - Remote - 2184339
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum is hiring for a Strategic Sales Executive to join the team! On a daily basis, you can expect to spend your time networking and cultivating relationships with C-level leaders at renowned healthcare organizations communicating how Optum’s solutions provide evidence-based guidance at the point of care to reduce waste in the healthcare environment. You will position our products and services to assist providers in making educated clinical decisions that improve patient outcomes through the delivery of high quality, cost effective care in support of the industry’s transformation to value-based care models. Your efforts will be focused on new client business development, executed through pipeline development, management and execution.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct ongoing customer needs analysis based on ideal customer profiles and market feedback
- Develop robust pipeline leveraging Optum’s current customer base and net new opportunities
- Facilitate communications back to product and engineering teams
- Initiate qualification process of leads and convert to opportunities
Opportunity Management and Sales Process Execution
- Identify key buying influences and establish trusted relationships to further the sales cycle
- Own the sales cycle, ensuring appropriate engagement of Optum’s team members
- Complete and maintain accurate sales forecasts in Salesforce, develop and streamline reports/analysis
- Develop quotations/ proposals and facilitate contracting process
- Support marketing and trade show activities as a client facing representative of NDSC
- Assume project manager role in late stage of sales cycle
- Establishes C-Suite relationships and access
- Responsible for earning a “trusted advisor” relationship with customers by focusing on customer’s issues and keeping Optum relevant in the eyes of the executive team.
- Understanding their business so as to bring forward Optum’s solutions (establishing a beachhead)
- Educating customer on Optum’s business and prospecting based on executive priorities with the goal of establishing us as a strategic technology partner for the health system
- Successfully gains meaningful access to C-Suite where a strategic relationship does not exist
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working in a new account sales position
- Experience selling and closing net new business sales
- Experience working in a large matrix sales environment – proven ability to build relationships across the organization and collaborate as necessary to accomplish goal
- Demonstrated success in quota achievement selling healthcare software systems to hospitals
- Proven ability to travel to the East Coast up to 35% of the time as needed
- Experience working with hospital executives at the C-suite level
- Experience selling into the hospital laboratory
- Experience selling to provider markets in the North East or on the East Coast
- Knowledge of current information systems technology and of the healthcare industry and trends i.e. Population Management, advanced healthcare analytics, etc.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.