Oncology and Infusion RN Manager - 2179355
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization – Optum – behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model – integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Responsible for providing infusion unit management, RN supervision, and direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Creates an environment that nurtures empowerment of team members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams; pursues and encourages continuous quality management and innovation; improve the levels of communication, teamwork, participation and acknowledgement between all staff. Works collaboratively with the center’s Practice Manager, Medical Director, and Pharmacist on program development and operational oversight. Ensures the highest level of patient satisfaction.
Location: 5 Neponset St Worcester, MA
Specialty: Oncology and Infusion
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on staffing levels, employee hires transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions. Oversees staff credentials and routine skills assessments. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with organization-wide initiatives
- Ensures workflow offers an optimal patient experience and is managed in a safe and efficient manner
- Collaborates with practice leadership to oversee clinical operations of the Infusion Center, financial and operational management of drug administration, and staff and program development
- Monitors and supports key business outcomes to include growth, service excellence, staff performance, patient outcomes, and achievements of overall short and long term goals of the center and the organization
- Oversees quality and safety protocols within the Oncology & Infusion Center, as outlined by departmental, organizational, and state policies and procedures
- In collaboration with providers and pharmacy resources, creates and maintains policies and procedures regarding infusion administration and patient and staff safety
- Ensures appropriate training and education of all staff RNs related to infusion administration, chemotherapy, and any new therapies that come to market
- Performs patient care activities as necessary to assist staff
- Delivers patient-centered care in an infusion outpatient setting, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Delivers advanced professional patient-centered care to adults diagnosed with a wide array of acute and chronic illnesses; including those receiving curative treatment, support for chronic disease, palliative treatment and end-of-life symptom management
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes
- Demonstrates proficiency in assessment skills, medication administration, pain management and other unit or initiative specific skills
- Documents all patient care appropriately according to practice and regulatory requirements
- Collects patient health data and analyze assessment data in determining patient problems. Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient and evaluates patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Conducts appropriate and ongoing education with patient and caregivers. Assists the patient, caregivers, etc. in obtaining knowledge about illness, treatments and wellness behaviors
- Coordinates and prioritizes the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements
- Conducts quarterly Practice Health and Safety surveys
- Ensures that assigned area comply with established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for assigned area
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BSN degree
- Current license as an RN in the State of Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current ONS Biotherapy/Chemotherapy Provider certification
- 3+ years of healthcare management experience
- Experience providing care to Oncology and other Infusion patients
- PICC line experience
- Venipuncture experience
- Ability to access portacaths
- Able to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served
- MS degree
- OCN certification
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team work, and customer service skills
- Solid organizational, problem solving and follow through skills
- EPIC Experience
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
Careers at OptumCare. We’re on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we’re creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.