Registered Nurse Supervisor - 2179360
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Location: 123 Summer St, Worcester, MA
Hours: First Shift, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hire, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions
- Overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients
- Triages patient visits and/or calls, prioritize clinical issues and direct clinical staff in delivery of patient care
- Evaluates daily patient flow in the clinical area to maintain access standards and open communication with patients and providers; makes adjustments as appropriate to maintain organized, efficient patient flow in the clinical station
- Implements new clinical practice standards, protocols, and guidelines
- Mentors clinical staff in the creation of a climate of clinical and professional expertise. Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and communicate frequently with other members of the direct patient care and administrative teams; orchestrates and actively participates in daily huddles for his/her assigned clinical unit
- Plans, implements, and evaluates the clinical staffing needs on a daily basis to adequately support patient care in a given area; assigning clinical staff based upon patient acuity, practice volume, staff qualifications and department Evaluates daily patient flow in the clinical area to maintain access standards and open communication with patients and providers; makes adjustments as appropriate to maintain organized, efficient patient flow in the clinical station policy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduated from an accredited RN training program
- Active and unrestricted RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or willingness to obtain within 90 days
- Supervisory experience in a Congestive Heart Failure / Cardiology clinic
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.