Medical Assistant MA - 2185166
**$1,000 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates**
All levels of Medical Assistant experience welcome to apply!
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization – Optum – behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model – integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Position Details: Reliant Medical Group, a Part of Optum
Primary Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm
Specialty: Adult Medicine
- Performs a variety of duties involving clinical and administrative patient care while adhering to the standards of the practice
- Assists in the examination and treatment of adult patients by taking and recording vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc.
- Assists physicians and others with simple to complex clinical/diagnostic procedures such as urine cultures, blood glucose, throat cultures, etc.
- Prepares treatment rooms
- Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office functions
- Performs related duties to facilitate the efficient utilization of computer-based information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Medical Assistant Certification (CMA or RMA) or you must be willing to attain that certification within 180 days of the start date
- Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement
- Active medical assistant certification (CMA, CCMA, NCMA or RMA)
- CPR certification
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant or EMT
- Experience with electronic medical record software
- Experience performing medical back office tasks including obtaining vital signs, injections/immunizations, phlebotomy, urinalysis and administering medications
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.