SMB Sales Executive, Provider Market
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Sales Executive to join our New Business Sales Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
In this role you will be helping to expand our reach across the market by selling specifically into healthcare providers. You’ll run the entire new business sales cycle; your outbound effort will be complemented by inbound leads and inside sales support as you research prospective customers, develop outreach strategies, identify prospects, demo decision makers, and close business. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven sales professional looking to take their sales career to the next level!
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Research, identify, and connect with individuals and corporations who would be strong prospects for Definitive Healthcare solutions
- Partner with Marketing and Executive Management to refine and enhance our provider go-to-market strategy.
- Build and nurture relationships with prospects and key stake holders in the provider market to identify opportunities and secure new business
- Manage all facets of complex sales cycles
- Conduct online product demonstrations
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM
What you’ll need:
- BA or BS degree
- 1+ years of individual quota carrying/closing sales experience
- Experience selling directly into strategy or executive roles within healthcare providers
- Documented evidence that you are top producer
- Expertise in selling technology, data or research
- Experience in a cold-calling sales environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- A powerful work ethic with tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Please note: All communications regarding the hiring process at Definitive Healthcare will come directly from one of our corporate recruiters or coordinators with an @definitivehc.com email address. We will never request any money transfer or purchase of equipment with a promise of reimbursement. If you receive any suspicious communications, please reach out to email@example.com to confirm your status in the application process.