Platform Product Manager
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
As a Platform Product Manager, you will join our growing product team focused on the development of new features and integration of existing products within our core platform. You will be a universal translator; gathering, synthesizing, and articulating product requirements across a wide range of external (prospects, customers) and internal (sales, marketing, engineering) audiences. As a highly cross-functional position, you will be working alongside multiple product and engineers teams to ensure strategic alignment and delivery across teams. Your product will include the tools and technologies necessary for internal administrators to license and external customers to access, manage and configure their products. You will partner with our Customer Success team to create the most seamless onboarding experience. This role will be a key component of our software development lifecycle, participating in and leading Agile ceremonies.
The Platform Product Manager at Definitive Healthcare:
- Writes informative, succinct, and accessible ‘product requirement documents’ that align various teams (i.e sales, customer success, engineering, etc.) around a cohesive product vision.
- Participates in daily scrum and weekly Agile ceremonies to keep product vision in sync with product and engineering operations.
- Manages one or more product backlogs in JIRA; ensuring product requirements are properly documented, prioritized and executed upon.
- Provides vision and subject matter expertise to the
- Performs QA of products while developing testing plans to socialize QA exercises.
- Works directly with customers to conduct rigorous product discovery throughout the entire product lifecycle, from pre-development to post-launch.
- Partners closely with Customer Success to create a fast and seamless customer onboarding experience.
- Creates training documentation and serves as a subject matter expert to Customer Success to “train-the-trainer” on product functionality.
- Keeps a close eye on competitors in the industry, producing SWOT (strength/weakness/opportunity/threat) analyses on an ongoing basis.
- Develops continuous understanding of the psychology, pain points, opportunities and use cases related to our end-users day-to-day workflows.
- Partners with the Product Design team to bring the best possible user experience to our customers.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Must be results driven, customer focused, analytically savvy, and skilled at navigating ambiguity.
- Deep understanding of the user experience and design.
- Hands-on experience interacting and analyzing all types of data. Must have experience with SQL or be willing to learn.
- Experience working with APIs and development of web-based applications.
- Experience working for or with the various verticals of the Healthcare industry, in particular Providers, Payers and Life Sciences.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence or related technologies to manage the software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem solving mentality.
- Strong presentation skills. The right candidate will be as good at making presentations as they are delivering them.
- Proper time management, ensuring sufficient time is made for deep work in a world of constant communication.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Please note: All communications regarding the hiring process at Definitive Healthcare will come directly from one of our corporate recruiters or coordinators with an @definitivehc.com email address. We will never request any money transfer or purchase of equipment with a promise of reimbursement. If you receive any suspicious communications, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your status in the application process.