Technical Project Manager
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Our Product Ops team serves as the connective tissue between our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams. Product Ops is accountable for the full product development lifecycle and helps to deliver quality product and enables the value of our products for all downstream users.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will join our growing Product Ops team, focusing on our full suite of healthcare data and analytics products. You will be responsible for coordinating and managing development processes, ensuring timely delivery and maintaining high-quality standards. You will partner with a wide range of teams and stakeholders within our Product and Engineering organizations to optimize the way we work. You will be an advocate for delivery best practices and work to make the lives of our development team members easier. This role requires a dynamic individual with strong project management skills and a technical background.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product development scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Create detailed project plans that appropriately break down engineering scope and work with product and engineering stakeholders to determine release strategies.
- Define Jira ticketing structure for product and engineering scope.
- Align engineering priorities with overall product priority and company business goals.
- Facilitate the completion of devleopment scope by tracking and unblocking the work of cross-functional teams.
- Analyze status to provide executive insights and implement changes to plans as needed to deliver against the product roadmap.
- Lead and/or contribute to agile ceremonies and support day to day activities of the development team.
- Work closely with technical teams to understand product requirements and provide guidance on technical design and implementation.
- Ensure team adherence to design and architecture best practices as well as technical standards.
- Support product & engineering leadership in determining existing team capacity and projecting future resource needs.
- Coordinate with team leads and department heads to ensure the availability of necessary resources.
Communication and Collaboration
- Facilitate communication between different teams, ensuring a clear understanding of project objectives and timelines.
- Create varying levels of reporting for different stakeholder audiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather project requirements and provide regular updates on project status.
- Identify potential risks and challenges in project execution.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery.
- Contribute to a high-performing product and engineering culture by participating in continuous learning and improvement initiatives.
- Create and contribute to our product development processes to streamline the delivery of value and improve our day to day operations.
- Be a champion of (just the right amount) of process rigor and promote adherence across all teams.
Skills we’re looking for:
- 8 -10 years of experience working in or with multi-disciplinary, cross functional engineering and/or product teams. Focus on building data and analytics products preferred.
- Familiarity with technical concepts of data science, data engineering, API, business intelligence and UI/UX.
- Strong understanding of product and engineering operations with deep experience implementing and/or working within agile development frameworks.
- Hands-on experience using JIRA, Confluence or related technologies to manage the software development life cycle. Admin experience preferred.
- Results driven, customer focused, analytically savvy, and skilled at navigating ambiguity.
- Proper time management, ensuring sufficient time is made for deep work in a world of constant communication.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to effectively break down high level strategy and concepts into execution plans for a variety of audiences.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Please note: All communications regarding the hiring process at Definitive Healthcare will come directly from one of our corporate recruiters or coordinators with an @definitivehc.com email address. We will never request any money transfer or purchase of equipment with a promise of reimbursement. If you receive any suspicious communications, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your status in the application process.