Lead Network & Infrastructure Engineer
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Due to rapid growth, the IT organization is adding a Lead Network & Infrastructure engineer role to the team. Reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure Services, this individual will leverage his or her advanced network and infrastructure skills and expertise to support the ever-expanding infrastructure of the company and maintain the highest system availability possible. Alongside the core network and infrastructure responsibilities listed below, you will also work very closely with our security team to leverage industry best practices to ensure the integrity and proactive defense of the network in a perpetually evolving threat environment.
The candidate will be a networking expert addressing the challenges of systems integration, while leading technical triage of our most complex networking issues. An expert in network engineering with an overall understanding of our product solutions is required. Candidate should have a mastery of a wide range of network architectures to support 24/7 infrastructure systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and influence as this individual will work across the organization with multiple and varied technical teams to define, design, and drive the development and delivery of complex technical operations and engineering solutions.
- 10+ years of related experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Advanced Communication and Documentation skills
- Strong understanding of data center network provisioning
- Experience with deploying and managing multisite VPN solutions.
- Significant experience with Aruba Wireless Environment, Palo Alto Firewall, F5 Load Balancer, Cisco and Comware routing and switching, Wireshark, Microsoft Team and TCP/IP, as mentoring Junior Engineers
- Experience with VMware based technologies (ESX/UCS, VDI)
- Experience with Storage and backup based technologies (replication, archiving, etc....)
- Experience with Implementing Quality of Service in a Voice/Video integrated Network Environment.
- Be well-versed in at least 2 of the 3 major cloud service providers.
- Knowledge of ITIL and change management processes.
- Hands on experience with multiple platforms in a corporate environment including Windows, Linux, OSX, Cisco, and other platforms.
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of enterprise systems including corporate, cloud, and data center infrastructures.
- Comfortable in an environment with flexible work schedules, 24/7 availability and on-call rotation (including weekends).
- Experience working in heavily audited environments governed by SOX, SOC, ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Cloud-based networking experience in public and private cloud environments.
- Lead projects as an Engineering Lead and/or Project Manager to develop secure resilient systems.
- Develop conceptual designs, schedules, and cost estimates for new and modified systems.
- Monitor, review, analyze, performance tune, and make recommendations that will result in continued optimization of the network.
- Develop and recommend improvements to network processes and procedures.
- Review, analyze, document, and implement disaster recovery plans for the network.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information