Senior Tax Manager
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Senior Tax Manager to join our Tax Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
In this role you will be helping Definitive Healthcare and all of its subsidiaries maintain compliance with all taxing jurisdiction’s tax laws for all direct and indirect taxes. The Tax Senior Manager will have responsibility for the Company’s income tax reporting processes and lead the quarterly and annual global tax provision process. You will be reporting to the VP of Tax and be heavily involved in shaping the tax department’s tax accounting, compliance policies and processes, while supporting the business needs of a fast-growing company. The Tax Senior Manager will be an Individual Contributor with some oversight of outside consultants.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax accounting under ASC 740, including but not limited to current and deferred taxes, uncertain tax positions and effective tax rate.
- Prepare, assist, and/or review the Tax Receivable Agreement calculations, compliance, and reporting.
- Lead the effort of gathering data and assist with the review for all tax filings, including US federal, state, local, and foreign local tax returns.
- Research and provide state tax nexus determinations, taxability analyses, and quantification of potential sales and use/indirect tax exposures.
- Manage state apportionment including analyzing state apportionment data and research state apportionment rules to ensure compliance with state laws
- Maintain tax accounting policies, procedures, and internal control documentation in accordance with SOX.
- Assist with tax planning efforts and other duties / special projects as assigned, and support tax audits as needed.
- Support the implementation and process formation related to OneSource Tax Provision system and other software as needed.
- Manage and resolve tax notices independently.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related area
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a combination of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience
- M.B.A. in tax highly desirable
- Active CPA preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Public company tax provision experience required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to anticipate, improvise, multi-task, prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with umbrella partnership corporation (UP-C) structure a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information