Channel Sales Manager
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Channel Partner Manager Responsibilities
- Establish and sustain robust relationships with channel partners, such as distributors, resellers, and OEM or subscription partners.
- Work with partners to create and execute joint marketing initiatives and incentives to generate demand and boost sales.
- Train and assist channel partners to ensure they are well-versed in our data, products or services and can effectively market and sell them.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on partner performance and suggest areas for improvement.
- Discover new channel partners and assess their potential to contribute to our sales objectives and market penetration.
- Negotiate new partner agreements and establish ongoing reporting and business KPIs.
- Coordinate with internal teams, including sales, marketing, and product development, to ensure consistency and efficiency of channel strategies.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, competitive dynamics, and market conditions to identify new opportunities and potential threats.
- Oversee partner contracts, agreements, and rewards to ensure adherence and optimize partner satisfaction and performance.
- Measure and report on key performance indicators, such as revenue goals, partner sales results, and market trends.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to support broader business strategies.
- Work with Sales Leadership to establish Rules of Engagement and comp alignment for the partner motions.
Channel Partner Manager Required Skills
- Effective communication and rapport-building skills.
- Outstanding negotiation and persuasion capabilities.
- Demonstrated success in managing channel partners and meeting sales objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of our industry, market, and competitive environment.
- Ability to create and implement channel marketing and sales strategies.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Proficient in CRM software and other relevant tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in channel sales or partner management.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing channel partner relationships.
- Knowledge of our industry and market or experience in data relationship/partnerships in B2B SAAS Company.
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with channel partners and attend industry events.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information