At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Sales Director to join our Software and IT Sales Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
As the New Business Sales Director, you will be responsible for the leadership, hiring, development, and performance of a team of quota carrying sales professionals focused on new logo acquisition. You will work closely with team members to drive new product demonstrations, convert those demonstrations into opportunities, and help close business. Success for this position will be measured in terms of quota attainment, new logo acquisition, demo volume, pipeline creation and close ratio. This is a hands-on position that requires both sales coaching as well as rolling up the sleeves to personally get involved with closing the larger deals. The ideal candidate will be expected to consistently deliver exceptional sales results, operate with a growth mindset, consider both the short-term as well as the bigger picture and create a winning and positive team environment.
What you'll do:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team revenue quotas and KPI targets
- Build a metrics-based culture of excellence; focused on activity, accountability and achievement
- Directly assist in all phases of the sales process including prospecting, value proposition, product demonstration, follow-up and closing
- Hire, train, and develop new team members to achieve their full potential
- Create a fun and positive high performance work environment that celebrates success
- Coach, mentor, and instill leadership and management best practices throughout the organization
- Assist in identifying training needs and assist in the creation and deployment of effective training programs
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of New Business inside sales experience
- 4+ years of front-line sales management experience and a process-oriented mindset
- Proven ability to be successful in a high velocity sales environment
- Desire to be hands on and an active participant in prospecting, product demonstrations and closing new business
- Track record of consistent overachievement, both as an individual contributor and manager
- Passion for developing team members and teaching a growth mindset
- Motivated, high energy with a commitment to sustained excellence
- Ability to work and lead teams dynamically in both an in-office setting as well as remote settings
- Experience with SalesForce.com preferred
Some other things you should know:
This is a highly visible new leadership role, reporting directly to an AVP of Sales, and is strategic to the company’s exciting growth plans. You will work closely with all management and customer facing individuals and teams. Significant growth in the future is expected and you will be empowered to set a strategy and make improvements.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information