Principal Security Engineer
Definitive Healthcare, LLC
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Definitive Healthcare is a leading provider of Commercial Intelligence Platform, a powerful Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that simplifies the complexities of the healthcare market. Our platform offers a range of tools and resources tailored to address the unique needs and challenges faced by organizations across the healthcare spectrum. We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Principal Security Engineer to join our team and help us maintain the highest level of security for our clients and our platform.
- Develop and implement comprehensive security strategies and solutions to protect Definitive Healthcare's digital assets and infrastructure, leveraging tools such as Active Directory (AD), Azure AD, Crowd Strike, Rapid 7 MDR, Rapid 7 IDR, Rapid 7 IVM, Palo Alto Firewalls, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement security tools and technologies to enhance the overall security posture of the organization, ensuring seamless integration with existing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement security policies, procedures, and best practices across the organization.
- Conduct regular security audits and risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies to address identified risks.
- Provide expert-level support and guidance to the security team, as well as other teams within the organization, in resolving complex security issues and incidents.
- Act as the primary point of contact for escalated security incidents and provide leadership during incident response and investigation processes.
- Stay current on the latest security threats, trends, and technologies, and apply this knowledge to continuously improve the organization's security posture.
- Develop and deliver security training and awareness programs for employees, ensuring that all team members understand their role in maintaining a secure environment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of security engineering and provide guidance to junior team members, helping to grow their skills and expertise.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in information security, with at least 5 years in a security engineering role.
- Extensive experience with AD, Azure AD, Crowd Strike, Rapid 7 MDR, Rapid 7 IDR, Rapid 7 IVM, Palo Alto Firewalls, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of security best practices, standards, and frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, and CIS.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GSEC, or similar are highly desirable.
- Proven track record of success in designing, implementing, and managing enterprise-level security solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Something looks off?