Senior Big Data Engineer
Definitive Healthcare, LLC
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will join our growing Engineering team. You will work with teams of big data and software engineers to build data solution utilizing big data technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake, etc., Leveraging scala or python you will develop data pipelines to transform/wrangle/integrate the data into different data zones. You will enhance your skillset by learning from your seniors and share your knowledge to build sustainable solution. You will hold accountability for technical decisions.
The Senior Big Data Engineer at Definitive Healthcare:
- Ensures solutions are built using databricks, snowflake according to business and technical specifications.
- Deploy and support highly optimized solutions with a focus on automation.
- Support an error-free, predictable, high-performing platform in AWS
- Actively Contributes to architectural discussions around our data.
- Performs code reviews
- Is always thinking of better ways to do something
- Isn’t afraid to fail.
- Provide leadership to the ongoing maturity of the development process, coach/mentor the development team on best practices and methodologies for enhanced solution development.
- Cares deeply about quality
- Stay up to date on the relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Must be results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at working in an agile development environment.
- Deep expertise in working with data (Structured, Unstructured etc.,)
- Strong Experience with at-least one scripting language i.e., Python, Scala, Java, C++ etc.,
- Deep Understanding of distributed computing principles
- Data modeling and processing fundamentals with large-scale (> 50B rows) data
- Experience with Apache Spark using Scala and Spark SQL (Batch, streaming)
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
- Expert Knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in the cloud, such as Databricks, Snowflake
- Working knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL and Graph databases
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and HDFS
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with automation technologies such as Argo, Oozie, Airflow
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Something looks off?