AI Engineer (Dayton, OH; HQ- Woburn, MA; Hybrid (Remote & Onsite); Orlando, FL)
For more than 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive environments. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions:
Ensure synergy between humans, the technologies they use, and the organizations within which they operate
Enhance productivity through human-AI teaming, unobtrusive measurement, data analytics, and intelligent interfaces
Accelerate learning, training, and readiness with precision learning that is customized, personalized, and efficient
What Makes Us Unique
Our culture is rooted on three principles that our founders planted, and our employees have embraced ever since— innovation, impact, and empathy. At our core, Aptima researches, develops, and innovates within an area that engineering firms largely ignore, the Human component. In order to impact the world in meaningful ways, you must bring those innovations to light, and that is precisely what we do.
Entrepreneurial and creative energy run through our veins. When our team chooses to continue their education or professionally publish their work, we cheer them on. Teamwork, collaboration, and a relentless focus on our customers are central tenants of our culture. Work hard. Take care of each other. Lead by example. Accept others for who they are.
So, while the world knows us as a company that is moving humans, technology, and AI forward, we believe we are something more.
How You’ll Make an Impact
You will define and apply a variety of innovative computational modeling approaches within Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Human-Computer Interaction. This exciting opportunity will involve working closely with a multi-disciplinary team to conduct state-of-the-art research and development activities. You'll contribute to the design, development, and application of data mining, statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, and signal processing methods. You'll collaborate with software engineers, within an agile, research-oriented environment, to implement, test, and apply mathematical algorithms from research. You'll also collaborate with research psychologists and scientists in experiment design and validation exercises while engaging in business development activities, such as proposal writing, project management, and customer interaction.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning techniques
- Experience in utilizing generative AI (e.g., LLMs, generative image models) in inference and fine-tuning tasks
- Experience in processing noisy multimodal data (e.g., imagery, video, audio processing)
- Knowledge of probability theory and statistical models (Bayesian methods, MCMC, particle filters)
- Proficiency with scripting programming languages (e.g. Python, R, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook, TensorFlow, PyTorch preferred
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages (e.g., Java, C#, C++) preferred
- Experience with techniques for parallel, distributed computing over big data preferred
- Knowledge of software/data design methods, data structures, and modeling standards preferred
- Journal and/or other referenced publications preferred
- Current security clearance at the Secret level or above preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required and the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or Ph.D. preferred, in a computational discipline (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Natural Language Processing, or related) or equivalent relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
Working Conditions (ADA accommodations may be sought):
- Business travel may be required to locations including but not limited to conferences, other office locations, and/or military sites.
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position