Director, People Operations (Dayton, OH; HQ- Woburn, MA)
For more than 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive environments. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions:
Ensure synergy between humans, the technologies they use, and the organizations within which they operate
Enhance productivity through human-AI teaming, unobtrusive measurement, data analytics, and intelligent interfaces
Accelerate learning, training, and readiness with precision learning that is customized, personalized, and efficient
What Makes Us Unique
Our culture is rooted on three principles that our founders planted, and our employees have embraced ever since— innovation, impact, and empathy. At our core, Aptima researches, develops, and innovates within an area that engineering firms largely ignore, the Human component. In order to impact the world in meaningful ways, you must bring those innovations to light, and that is precisely what we do.
Entrepreneurial and creative energy run through our veins. When our team chooses to continue their education or professionally publish their work, we cheer them on. Teamwork, collaboration, and a relentless focus on our customers are central tenants of our culture. Work hard. Take care of each other. Lead by example. Accept others for who they are.
So, while the world knows us as a company that is moving humans, technology, and AI forward, we believe we are something more.
How you’ll Make an Impact
You will be responsible for all People Operations strategies and implementation for our fast-growing company, working closely with all organizational leaders, from Team Leads to Executives, to assess, develop, and execute strategic solutions in the People Operations domain that position Aptima for continued future success. This position serves as a high-profile member of the Senior Management team and will collaborate with other members of the Senior Management team to develop and execute the company vision and mission.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide full cycle talent acquisition expertise including job description development, sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluating, offer development, candidate closure, onboarding and conducting and analyzing exit interviews
- Lead the Review planning, development and execution of current and future internal training offerings and coordinate with subject matter experts on these efforts
- Identify training needs for HR topics, departments and individual executive coaching needs and drives training program delivery
- Lead full cycle employee performance management activities including coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions, hearing, investigations and resolving employee grievances and counseling employees and supervisors
- Provides input to organizational design, workforce planning and succession planning
- Collaborate to develop and implement methods to assess employee engagement and satisfaction, as well as associated strategies to continually enhance employee engagement and satisfaction based on the results
- Manage projects and initiatives such as planning, design, development, identifying stakeholders, developing communication plans, identifying key milestones, meeting deadlines, and selecting appropriate metrics to assess outcomes
- Lead compensation survey activities in collaboration with technical subject matter experts including compensation analysis and market pricing and make recommendations about employee compensation based on the analysis results
- Maintain, recommends, and educate employees on industry competitive employee benefits programs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, regarding legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance – partners with legal counsel as needed/required
- Independently research a wide variety of emerging HR trends – gathers and compiles reports and analyzes trends
- Partner with the Corporate Communications Director to help shape Talent Management and Recruiting communications that are consistent with all current corporate communications
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of HR professionals
- Perform other such duties as may be required
- Understanding of, and ability to use analytics and key workforce metrics
- Experience in managing the execution of performance feedback systems and processes
- Experience in implementing programs oriented towards employee career development
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders using evidence-based ideas and an understanding of the context
- Strong decision-making skills and prudent judgment
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Professional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, which will be examined by providing a “job talk” during the interview process as well as providing items such as written work samples
- Demonstrated basic financial acumen, which might include providing written work samples such as budgets
- Experience using relevant software tools/solutions e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Any of the following would be a plus:
- Prior experience with Paylocity
- SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP
- Degree in I/O Psychology or Organizational Behavior
- U.S. Citizenship required or the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related area or professional level HR industry certifications. Experience and Education may be substituted by outstanding history of achievement.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing People Operations functions
- Prior experience managing staff
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience recruiting Science & Technology personnel, including experience in all areas of sourcing such as internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as participating in open houses and job fairs
Working Conditions (ADA accommodations may be sought)
- This job will be in the Woburn, MA office Monday through Friday, hybrid schedule.
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
This is a management position
This is a full time position