Salesforce Engineer Senior
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Position Title:Salesforce Engineer Senior
Salesforce Engineer Senior
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live in the state of Georgia or within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Salesforce Engineer Senior is responsible for delivery of end to end application, system development and maintenance on complex multi technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms .A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx) leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical first lens, to deliver member centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact cross functional teams.
- Researches and may propose new technologies.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- May own technical testing to ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Will begin to set direction at the project/service level and influences decision-making.
- Provides technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs of the technical solutions.
- Identifies and propose strategies around technical problems affecting team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience; multi dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Strong understanding of Salesforce architecture, including expert-level technical design expertise, and a proven record of recommending and implementing standard processes to drive optimal system performance preferred.
- Experience in design and development of data models and data integrity checks preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Omni Studio development preferred.
- Proficient with Salesforce automation and customization tools, especially Lightning Web Components, SOAP and REST APIs, Workflow Rules, Approval Processes, Process Builder and Flow, Apex Triggers, Apex Classes, Batch Apex, Scheduled Apex, Apex Tests, Apex Email Services, SOQL preferred.
- Experience with Health Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and proficient in building custom applications on Platform preferred.
- Experiencing in Salesforce Integration using REST and SOAP API. Should be able to integrate external, 3rd party systems with Salesforce using web services preferred.
- Experience with scaling/performance tuning of highly available, observable, and stable systems and services preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of git branching code/metadata conflict management preferred.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to effectively with both technical and non-technical teams preferred.
- Experience in salesforce production release items to address bug issues or dev code according to user story or work item preferred.
- Experience completing projects and collaborating to gather requirements, and create technical solutions documentation preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in technology implementation for full lifecycle enterprise software projects. preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in implementation of Salesforce projects preferred.
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry or familiarity with healthcare-related processes and data preferred.
Job Level:Non-Management Exempt
Job Family:IFT > Engineering/Dev
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.