Sr. Data Architect - Remote
Welcome to Veradigm! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Veradigm is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Veradigm Life Science
The Veradigm Network is well-positioned to address the unique needs of Life Sciences customers. By leveraging the Veradigm Network, research data and associated insights become both an output of care delivery, as well as additional knowledge to improve quality of care, a true virtuous cycle.
Our portfolio of solutions provides insights using real-world data directly sourced from the Veradigm Network. These solutions can help Life Sciences customers discover timely, actionable real-world evidence to improve patient experience and outcomes, and demonstrate how their products can benefit appropriate patient populations.
Veradigm is an integrated data systems and services business that combines data-driven clinical insights with actionable tools for clinical workflow, research, analytics and media. Our solutions are designed to help key healthcare stakeholders to improve the quality, efficiency, and value of healthcare delivery – from biopharma to health plans, healthcare providers, health technology partners, and most importantly, the patients they serve. We are dedicated to simplifying the complicated healthcare system with next-generation healthcare solutions.
The Data Architect will provide input into the use of technology and definition of architectural approaches applied within Veradigm Life Sciences software solutions to meet the company and customer's long-term requirements.
- Provide input into the use of technology and definition of architectural approaches applied within Allscripts' Veradigm Life Sciences software solutions to meet the company and customer's long-term requirements.
- Assist development teams in the appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms and design patterns
- Development and technology planning – provide guidance in best practice and tool use in the design and build of technical frameworks and the applications built on them.
- Architecture and design –implement technical solutions or components of complex solutions and ensure their integrity
- Technical design authority – internally recognized as highly competent in technical areas, will review and participate in benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and testing activity
- Improve quality – investigate and prototype innovative approaches to improve software quality
- Industry knowledge – familiar with industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of Allscripts’ software products
- Able to support day to day technical control of development projects by:
• Assisting Project Management in planning technical aspects of projects
• Providing regular updates on project status
• Supporting and mentoring of individual junior developers
• Performing detailed technical reviews to ensure design components are being correctly implemented
- Provide input into the best application of technology to create the next generation of Allscripts’ Veradigm Life Sciences solutions
- In concert with other architects within Veradigm Life Sciences create a center of expertise and forum for common component design, reuse and exploitation.
- Participate in the definition and documentation of development standards and best practices.
- Provide input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability and performance of Veradigm Life Sciences software products.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or equivalent experience
- 7+ yrs relevant work experience, with 2-3 yrs at senior level or equivalent
- Demonstrable understanding of architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Cloud architectures
- Data security and governance
- Data modeling and design
- Performance and cost analysis and improvement
- Planning and estimating
- Cloud-based data technologies such as Snowflake and Databricks
- Design and deployment of PaaS, serverless and container-based components
- Data lakes and data warehouses
- Processing big data
- Process orchestration and event-based functions
- Python, PySpark, SQL, R, Terraform
- Developing and deploying solutions in AWS or Azure
- Cloud infrastructure, application deployment and database deployment in CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and experience building secure platforms in accordance with secure development lifecycle standards, in healthcare setting and EHR data
- Industry knowledge related to healthcare data and analytics
Enhancing Lives and Building Careers
Veradigm believes in empowering our associates with the tools and flexibility to bring the best version of themselves to work and to further their professional development. Together, we are In the Network. Interested in learning more?
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Veradigm’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Veradigm must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. Veradigm is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Veradigm Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Thank you for reviewing this Veradigm opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll on down and tell us more about yourself!