Machine Learning Engineer
Algorex Health Technologies
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
N1 Health is an AI Platform company that helps healthcare organizations prioritize, action, and maximize patient and member interactions. N1 Health’s market-leading Applied AI Platform provides healthcare companies with pre-packaged models, curated third party data, and a secure and scalable technology platform that enables the deployment of targeted services at the individual, household, and neighborhood level. Data science-driven insights lead to relevant, specific, and help-first interventions that optimally connect individuals to resources based on their specific needs and the capacity of the system.
Only 20% of a person’s health outcomes are driven by their interactions with the health care system, the remaining 80% are driven by social factors. We’re working to empower our customers to utilize data science and digital technologies to impact these social determinants of health and to better serve their most vulnerable members and patients. We’re passionate, creative, and motivated and looking for team members who are the same. We are enthusiastic learners and believe fundamentally that this is a two-way street - we’ll invest in your learning and growth, just as you’ll advance the company’s mission and support our clients through your work.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in building a robust ML model framework, ensuring efficient testing, deployment, and overall lifecycle management of ML models. You will ensure that our team of data scientists can develop scalable models independently and that the models can be monitored for performance and bias over time within the constraints of healthcare regulations.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer with a focus on ML model deployment frameworks.
- Strong software engineering skills and ability to implement scalable solutions in Python.
- Experience with automation tools and scripting languages (e.g. Terraform, Python, Bash).
- Familiarity with CI/CD/CT pipelines and version control systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for using technology to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Familiarity with healthcare data and relevant regulations (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.).
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and is motivated by a fast-paced work environment.
- Work closely with our ML and Applied Data Science teams to understand their requirements and contribute to the development of scalable ML model frameworks.
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure for ML model testing and deployment.
- Leverage cloud platforms and containerization technologies to ensure scalability and flexibility.
- Implement automation processes for seamless integration of ML models into the development pipeline.
- Establish and enhance CI/CD/CT pipelines to facilitate rapid and reliable model deployment.
- Develop monitoring solutions to track the performance of ML models in real-time.
- Optimize infrastructure and processes to ensure optimal resource utilization.
- Implement security best practices for ML model deployment and data handling.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations related to data science and ML.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Strong programming skills (3+ years work experience) in Python, SQL, and associated libraries commonly used in machine learning (Scikit-learn, MLflow, PyTorch, XGBoost, etc.).
- Proven experience in ML Engineering, MLOps, or a similar role.
- Proven proficiency in utilizing MLOps tools (SageMaker, MLflow, etc.) to deploy, monitor, and manage models in production environments.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with AWS.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
N1 Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our vision is to foster an environment in which all N1 Health employees of diverse backgrounds and identities feel supported and empowered through the ongoing development of a shared, inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for any questions around diversity, equity, and inclusion, please reach out to the leaders of our internal Equity Group at email@example.com.