Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. (AHP) is seeking an Intern enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program with areas of focus such as Public Health, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Psychology, or Criminal Justice. Interns will help complete project deliverables, support meeting, training, and technical assistance activities, and carry out administrative and logistical tasks. The number of hours per week will be determined per student and project needs.
AHP influences change in health and business systems to support vulnerable populations—from creating policy to ground-level, hands-on work. We help organizations and individuals reach their full potential through professional consulting; research, evaluation, and data analytics; technical assistance and training; and virtual solutions, publications, and events. Our areas of expertise include behavioral health, mental health policy and services, substance use disorders, workforce development, homelessness, housing and employment programs, trauma-informed care, criminal justice, women and children, veterans, health care reform, and population health management.
The Intern will:
- Coordinate logistical details of events and meetings (scheduling, contacting speakers, etc.)
- Plan meeting agenda and prepares supporting materials
- Take minutes at internal meetings and prepares formal notes of external meetings
- Conduct administrative and logistical tasks
- Manage workplan and deliverables
- Coordinate multiple tasks, including aspects of the timeline, budget, workplan, and staffing
- Input, compile, and summarize data in relation to training and TA activities
- Respond to phone calls and emails
- Help develop and maintain website
- Complete project deliverables
- Carry out project tasks and assignments, following up as necessary
- Develop written and online materials (e.g., templates, reports, presentation slides, guidebooks, planning documents, listserv announcements, online surveys)
- Conduct in-depth research, key informant interviews, and literature reviews to support assignments in relation to training and technical assistance (TA) activities
- Conduct quality-control activities
Education and Experience:
Candidates for this position should be enrolled in a bachelor's or master's program within an area of AHP's focus.
Candidates must display the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with virtual meeting platforms.
- Willingness to learn and use new software as needed.
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour.
AHP, in an effort to be transparent with applicants about salary and in compliance with various state pay disclosure requirements, publishes the following information which is current as of the date of posting. The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the AHP salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be high or low in the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and education. The range listed is just one component of AHP’s total compensation package for employees.
More About AHP
AHP is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work® for eight consecutive years. We earned this credential based on extensive ratings provided by employees in anonymous surveys. We value employee well-being and are actively engaged in creating an environment that supports work-life balance, self-care, and mental and emotional health.
AHP is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.