Public Relations and Communications Manager
Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
AHP is seeking a Public Relations and Communications Manager with excellent communications, public and media relations, and writing skills. The Public Relations and Communications Manager will help to guide internal and external communication for AHP, presenting and protecting the company brand and reputation. The Public Relations and Communications Manager should be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines. Other necessary skills include excellent interpersonal communication, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and working well in a fast-paced environment. The Public Relations and Communications Manager should be innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players. The Public Relations and Communications Manager will be a member of the marketing team, working with the marketing director, campaign and project managers, graphic designers, writers, and sometimes interns.
- Develop and implement an external communication strategy for the company
- Strategy and implementation of AHP corporate campaign
- Content creation, management, editorial calendars
- Implement tactics, including thought leadership, PR, social media, video, and other media as determined
- Track metrics, report, make adjustments as necessary
- Develop and support thought leadership program for AHP promotion
- Develop survey/matrix of thought leaders
- Manage thought leader content for channels including website, video, press, speaking engagements, bylined articles, other external publications, company white papers, etc.
- Manage public relations including:
- Research and write press releases
- Research and proactively approach publications/editors
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
- Build media lists, including industry-related journals and newsletters that are not in typical databases
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences
- Plan media events
- Pitch experts and bylined articles in relevant industry-related publications and journals
- Build a speakers’ bureau, add to website, and promote to industry
- Provide media training to AHP speakers
- Pitch guest post articles to larger media outlets
- Develop press materials as needed
- Support company crisis management efforts as needed.
- Develop other press/publication related content for the company website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Develop and implement an internal communication strategy for the company
- Strategy and implementation of AHP internal campaigns
- Prepare communication plan
- Implement tactics, including monthly company newsletter and campaigns to support departments and divisions sharing news and information, among others
- Track metrics, report, make adjustments as necessary
- Supervise staff
- Writer/Campaign Manager
- Communications Associate (shared)
- Marketing/Production Assistant (shared)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in communications and public relations strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in OS 365, MS Office, Teams, and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Skilled in public relations databases and wire services.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
AHP influences change in health and business systems to support vulnerable populations—from creating policy to engaging in ground-level, hands-on work. We help organizations and individuals reach their full potential through professional consulting; research, evaluation, and data analytics; technical assistance and training; and virtual solutions, publications, and events. Our areas of expertise include behavioral health, mental health policy and services, SUDs, workforce development, homelessness, housing and employment programs, trauma-informed care, criminal justice, women and children, veterans, health care reform, and population health management.
AHP is proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work® for seven consecutive years. We earned this credential based on extensive ratings provided by employees in anonymous surveys. We value employee well-being and are actively engaged in creating an environment that supports work-life balance, self-care, and mental and emotional health.
AHP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Research suggests that women and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they do not meet 100 percent of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive on our team to apply for this role.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000
AHP, in an effort to be transparent with applicants about salary and in compliance with various state pay disclosure requirements, publishes the following information which is current as of the date of posting. The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the AHP salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be high or low in the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and education. The range listed is just one component of AHP’s total compensation package for employees.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, AHP provides a variety of benefits to employees, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family, a retirement plan with a 3% match, student loan repayment assistance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, and much more.