Legal Program Associate II
Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
Are you ready to use your legal background to uplift vulnerable populations? Maybe you no longer want to use your skills and training to simply move money around or support endeavors that just don’t resonate with who you are. Consider Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. (AHP) where purpose is our passion, and our efforts focus on helping those who need it most. Come join a team of smart, mission-driven people who do important, inspiring work.
We are looking for a Legal Program Associate (LPA) to play a critical role in our success by supporting client-facing engagements and internal firm deliverables, ensuring effective reporting, compliance, disbursement, and project progression. Our LPA will work closely with leadership from start to finish, and must be independent, self-driven and focused on timelines, details, and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be responsible for multi-tasking and assisting with data management, workflow assessment, reporting, contract analysis, project management, compliance and other administrative duties and matters.
You will be a member of the firm’s Administrative Entity (AE) team interacting with finance, legal and business professionals internally and externally in a team setting. As you progress, you may receive opportunities to work in leadership roles to further your professional development.
AHP influences change in health and business systems to support vulnerable populations—from creating policy to ground-level, hands-on work. We help organizations and individuals reach their full potential through professional consulting; research, evaluation, and data analytics; technical assistance and training; and virtual solutions, publications, and events. Our areas of expertise include behavioral health, mental health policy and services, substance use disorders, workforce development, homelessness, housing and employment programs, trauma-informed care, criminal justice, women and children, veterans, health care reform, and population health management.
AHP is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work® for six consecutive years. We earned this credential based on extensive ratings provided by employees in anonymous surveys. We value employee well-being and are actively engaged in creating an environment that supports work-life balance, self-care, and mental and emotional health.
- Act as a liaison for the AE, Legal, Finance, Compliance, and other departments
- Manage a portfolio of deliverables and assist Leadership and teammates on analysis and delivery
- Work with and manage workflow/stage-gate portfolio tools
- Review and examine documents for compliance
- Dissect contracts and identify streamlined procedures and processes
- Provide administrative support and assistance
- Manage and oversee multiteam meetings
- Provide instruction to external customers, clients, agents, and vendors
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or minimum of 5 years in the legal, financial, health care management or a related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Paralegal, Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, or similar position
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SharePoint or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Demonstrated ability to manage client expectations and maintain client satisfaction
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to anticipate client needs
- The ability to confront unexpected problems quickly and effectively
- Strong teamwork, communication (written and oral), client management, and people skills
- Advanced degree and/or certifications such as PMP, Prince, Six Sigma are preferred.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research suggests that women and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they do not meet 100 percent of the job requirements. At AHP, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
To be transparent with applicants about salary and in compliance with various state pay disclosure requirements, AHP publishes the following information which is current as of the date of posting. The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the AHP salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be high or low in the range based on a range of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and education. The range listed is just one component of AHP’s total compensation package for employees.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, AHP provides a variety of benefits to employees, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family, a retirement plan with a 3% match, student loan repayment assistance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, and much more.
AHP is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.