Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
Advocates for Human Potential (“AHP”) has an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst/Statistician to join our team of leading researchers in behavioral health studies. The successful candidate will conduct quantitative analyses for a broad range of projects, including national cross-site evaluations, comparative effectiveness studies, and local program evaluations. Some qualitative analysis may also be involved. AHP is specifically interested in candidates with demonstrated expertise in behavioral and/or health services research.
- Communicate directly with senior investigators on study design, analytic approach, and results.
- Program complex data manipulations (e.g., reshaping, stacking, merging/joining) to create analytic datasets that combine data from multiple sources.
- Clean datasets to identify outliers, assign missing values, etc.
- Select appropriate statistical methods and conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Summarize results of requested analyses in tabular format and produce data visualizations for internal and external use.
- Work with senior investigators to prepare presentations and other reporting products.
- Write study design, methods, and results sections of funder reports.
- Collaborate with senior investigators on proposals and related business development and write analytic sections.
- Collaborate with other analysts in creating reusable code and data pipelines to increase analytic efficiency across multiple projects.
- Supervise junior analysts.
- Manage small to medium sized research projects that primarily have a data management and analysis focus.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in social sciences, statistics, or biostatistics with 3 or more years of experience in applied research projects in behavioral health, public health or social science conducting rigorous analyses including pilot studies, program evaluations, and effectiveness studies.
- Proficiency in a quantitative data analytic tool/language such as Stata, R, Python, SAS, or SPSS required. Experience with Stata is required, as we use Stata for core data management functions.
- Proficiency with other data collection, visualization, database, qualitative, or specialized analytic tools is strongly preferred (e.g., REDCap, Domo, Power BI, Tableau, SQL, MPlus).
- Expertise in statistical methodology and analyses including:
- Mixed methods design and analyses
- Descriptive statistics and data visualization
- Linear models and generalized linear models
- Multilevel modeling and longitudinal data analyses
- Secondary analyses using large administrative datasets
- Experience writing up analytic analyses and interpreting findings.
- Experience working on large, fast-paced federal projects with hard deadlines that must be met. Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings to accommodate project activities.
To help you better understand your potential role, you need to understand our mission and passions. AHP influences change in health and business systems to support vulnerable populations—from creating policy to ground-level, hands-on work. We help organizations and individuals reach their full potential through professional consulting; research, evaluation, and data analytics; technical assistance and training; and virtual solutions, publications, and events.
Our areas of expertise include behavioral health, mental health policy and services, substance use disorders, workforce development, homelessness, housing and employment programs, trauma-informed care, criminal justice, women and children, veterans, health care reform, and population health management.
If this sounds like a company, you’d be proud and excited to work with, and you have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusions, please apply.
Salary Range: $80,000 To $105,000 per year depending on skills, experience, and location.
AHP provides a complete benefits package including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Retirement with a 3% employer match
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
AHP is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.