Biomedical Engineering Intern - Advanced Development
ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation is committed to developing technologies that help advance the practice of resuscitation. With products for defibrillation, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that can help clinicians, EMS professionals, and lay rescuers resuscitate sudden cardiac arrest or trauma victims. ZOLL also designs and markets software that automates the documentation and management of both clinical and non-clinical data.
At ZOLL, you’ll be part of a team of engineers with rich industry experience in computer science, medical science, communications technologies, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
You’ll have the chance to contribute to developing new medical devices and learn about how the technologies work.
We are looking for an academically strong, motivated student to join our advanced development team in the development of technologies and solutions for resuscitation. We offer the challenge of working in a fast-paced team environment where your energy and expertise can help you to reach your full potential.
NOTE: This internship position is from May 2024 thru August 2024. You must be enrolled in a degree program at the start of the internship position.
• Contribute to technology and algorithm development as part of our innovation process.
• Familiarity with laboratory measurement equipment
• Ability to support engineers in the development of mechanical, software/algorithm, and/or electrical designs
• Creativeness to prototype new assemblies and models from concept sketches
• Attention to detail to execute test plans, including data collection, and organization of results to verify designs
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
• Pursuing a BS or MS in Biomedical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar program in junior or senior year.
• Experience prototyping designs, building parts and assemblies, and testing is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.