Software Engineer II (Backend, Growth)
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Growth Team at WHOOP is responsible for increasing WHOOP’s reach, and maximizing the number of members on our platform. We take a data-driven approach to everything we do, meaning we frequently measure the performance of our features and make iterations based on those results.
As a Software Engineer II joining WHOOP’s Growth Software team, you’ll play a large role in architecting and implementing backend systems that power WHOOP’s business model. This will require a strong knowledge of backend technologies as well as an understanding of API design and development.
- Help execute WHOOP's vision to build/scale a software platform that allows WHOOP to offer subscriptions to our members
- Contribute to back end development using the following technologies: Java, Kafka, AWS, and Postgres
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to new feature ideation, planning, and development
- Consistently deliver features and PRs with an iterative approach
- Facilitate, coordinate, and develop ad hoc experiments to promote growth
- Experience in API design and development (Java preferred)
- Experience in relational database design and development (SQL)
- Experience integrating with third party ecommerce and payment processing systems (Shopify/Stripe preferred)
- Experience managing large-scale changes on business critical systems
- Familiarity with ecommerce standards and practices
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility
See more open positions at WHOOP
Something looks off?