Senior Business Systems Analyst (Salesforce)
IT, Sales & Business Development
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
This role offers the opportunity to work in an exciting, open and collaborative environment as part of the IT Applications Business Engagement Team. The team works closely with business stakeholders on design, implementation and maintenance of IT systems and business solutions supporting Sophos’ Sales, Marketing and Channel Partner organizations. Our team uses Agile development methods to manage projects and is focused on delivering straightforward, high quality, intuitive systems and processes that are built with both the present and future in mind.
What You Will Do
- Serve as primary liaison between the internal business stakeholders and the IT Technical development team, ensuring that business processes and requirements are unambiguous, testable, measurable and articulated in a manner that allows the technical team to propose, estimate, construct and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Build strong relationships with internal business peers and develop/maintain an understanding of the business process areas under our responsibility that is equal to or exceeding those of our colleagues operating the business. Take ownership and make recommendations on business requirements and solutions that increase value to the customer (both internal and external).
- Lead requirements gathering activities, including translating business needs into detailed business requirements documents, use cases, and systems interaction diagrams.
- Model current and future state business processes and ask questions needed to fully understand business objectives and elicit/refine complex business requirements necessary to achieve them. Ensure requirements and solutions proposed map clearly to the objectives established.
- Analyze business requirements and, working with technical architects and development teams, verify that developed solutions are achievable, meet the scope and quality expectations of key business stakeholders, and are consistent with IT design concepts.
- Represent functional area and IT on cross-functional enhancements and projects, including the coordination and resolution of issues, where required.
- Work with 3rd party application vendors, whose software has been deployed at Sophos, to understand the plan of intent and plan of record for future product plans. Articulate needs and advocate for capabilities Sophos deems a priority.
- Assess and collate information on functional specifications for existing and future versions of both internal and commercial applications in use. Advise representatives from the business and IT on the impact of new functionality and opportunities for business improvement.
- Assist team in prioritization of bug fixes and enhancement requests as part of run-rate activities supporting business operations. Run backlog prioritization sessions working closely with business stakeholders to manage the backlog of requests.
What You Will Bring
- Hands-on experience in Sales Cloud is required with expertise in CPQ and Order Management.
- Domain expertise in Sales, Marketing and Support Processes in relation to B2B or B2C Models.
- 7-10 years of experience in a business analyst or related role.
- Experience with Process Documentation including ticket creation (Jira), Flowcharts (Gliffy, Visio etc), and write-Ups/Proof-Of Concepts (Confluence).
- Experience in performing impact analysis.
- Evaluation of technical and functional specifications and their cohesion.
- Ability to learn, assess, and determine optimal ways to leverage off-shelf enterprise solutions, via a combination of configuration and, where needed, customization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of industry-standard methodologies, tools, and processes for business and process analysis.
- Ability to adapt communication style to technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Degree in Information Technology, business-related subject, or equivalent.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and wear multiple hats.
- Self-driven individual with strong initiative who will take ownership throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drive best practice business processes and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-moving environment with competing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail.
- BS/BA; an MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience with Impartner a plus.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.