Associate Scientist, Microbiology (2nd Shift)
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality.
The qualified candidate will join the Analytical R&D Microbiology organization to enable development of biological therapeutics in Andover, MA. The qualified candidate will be responsible for applying GMP microbiological methods (bioburden, LAL, PCR, etc.) in the assessment of product quality and detection of impurities. This group also performs micro method qualifications and Environmental Monitoring (EM) of Drug Substance and Drug Product facilities.
How You Will Achieve It
- The qualified colleague is responsible for utilizing established microbiological methodologies to support GMP in-process, release, and stability testing of clinical supplies.
- The individual is responsible for becoming proficient in aseptic lab technique and facility gowning for EM, bioburden and LAL testing, microbial identifications, and qPCR.
- The colleague must work within corporate guidelines and must appropriately record, archive and report all data as this is a cGMP compliant laboratory.
- The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and effective interpersonal, influencing skills and communication skills are required.
Education & Experience
MINIMUM: BS in microbiology, biochemistry, biology or related field
DESIRED: 1- year Biotech/pharmaceutical GMP laboratory experience. Ability to follow established procedures under minimal supervision. Experience with Quality Systems in a GMP environment. Some knowledge of drug development process for progression of biological candidates.
• Excellent documentation skills
• Self-motivated and highly effective in a team-based environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience with laboratory data systems such as Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Occasional lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending. Time spent at a computer.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Second Shift 1-9pm M-F
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.