Vice President, Discovery Network
The Vice President, Discovery Network will lead Pfizer’s discovery and academic strategy and collaboration for our drug discovery programs. The Vice President, Discovery network will be highly networked internally and externally and have the ability to leverage and build relationships across PRD (Pfizer Research and Development), BI (Business Innovation) BD (Business Development) and Venture teams and across the organization. This role is a key leadership member of the D&ED ( Discovery and Early Development) leadership team.
- Accountable for leading Pfizer’s discovery academic strategy and collaborations to deliver new therapeutic platforms and drug discovery programs into Pfizer’s research units and scientific lines.
- Accountable for leading strategic relationships with key academic institutions, to build relations to ensure access to the best science and projects
- Ensure access to leading data sets, especially human biology databases, and AI capabilities to advance our AI/ML strategy to transform drug discovery and development in partnership with our internal teams and digital.
- Accountable for private public partnerships to enable access to the most competitive science and data from pre-competitive consortia and ensuring leadership of Pfizer’s contributions across PRD
- Providing support and leadership for x-PRD leaders in interactions with academic institutions and consortia
- Work closely with CBIO VC and BD teams to co-own one external strategy to bring us access to the best science and projects
- Lead the Discovery Network, bringing together key scientists from the RUs and Lines to build a competitive external partnership strategy to ensure we advance our access to emerging therapeutic concepts, and progress our external strategy in key geographical locations such as France.
- Doctoral level degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Computational Biology), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience
- Shows high emotional intelligence and builds strong relationships with peers developing an influential network across groups with varied functions and processes. Embraces ambiguity as an opportunity to define new standards.
- Acts decisively making timely and effective decisions applying business and financial acumen. Acts with urgency and removes barriers that hinder productivity making decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Takes accountability for self, others and for outcome of decisions.
- Strategic thinker; Experience of building strategies and delivering portfolio value from them; Deep experience in emerging therapeutic platforms and AI; Strong connections into academic and external science
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $232,300.00 to $387,200.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 30.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.