RN Field Clinical Care Coordinator - Field Based in Boston, MA Market - 2188132
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The RN Clinical Care Coordinator will be the primary care manager for a panel of members with complex medical/behavioral needs. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical, behavioral, and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
If you reside within a commutable distance of the following areas: Allston, Back Bay, Boston, Brighton, Fenway, Jamaica Plain, Kenmore/Fenway, Mission Hill, Roxbury, South End, MA Marker as this is a Field Based, you will have the flexibility to work remotely*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges.
This is a Field-Based role with a Home-Based office.
- Engage members face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, behavioral, functional, cultural, and socioeconomic needs
- Develop and implement person centered care plans to address needs including management of chronic health conditions, health promotion and wellness, social determinants of health, medication management and member safety in alignment with evidence-based guidelines
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide education and coaching to support member self-management of care needs and lifestyle changes to promote health
- Support proactive discharge planning and manage/coordinate Care Transition following ER visit, inpatient or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) admission
- Advocate for members and families as needed to ensure the member’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of MA
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Reside within commutable distance of the following areas: Allston, Back Bay, Boston, Brighton, Fenway, Jamaica Plain, Kenmore/Fenway, Mission Hill, Roxbury, South End, MA Market
- BSN, master’s degree or higher in clinical field
- CCM certification
- 1+ years of community case management experience coordinating care for individuals with complex needs
- Experience working in team-based care
- Background in managed care
- Bilingual in Spanish
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.