Business Operations Manager
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
As part of the Strategic Investment and Operations (SIO) team, the Business Operations Manager will evaluate, improve, and maintain Mass Tech’s core business operational processes to ensure efficient, collaborative, and productive workflows. By helping to modernize tools and update MassTech’s practice of work, the Business Operations Manager will work across divisions to (i) align employee teams to transition milestones; (ii) set goals for individual divisions; (ii) execute initiatives to effect and maintain the transition; and (iv) improve processes to enable the agency operate its programs more efficiently and effectively.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
• As part of the Strategic Investment and Operations (SIO) team, develop corporate information management strategies, policies, and procedures with the approval of the Executive Director.
• With direction from the Director of Enablement and Integration, carry out big data-initiatives to generate cross-divisional outcomes in support of multi-stakeholder projects and programs across the Mass Tech portfolio.
• As part of the SIO team, works to coordinate and integrate efforts among corporate department operations and divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
• Analyze proposed and existing operational and programmatic data from investment activity, such as grant solicitations, approvals, and contracts; gather and enrich customer and partner information to support more integrated dashboards and reporting across MassTech’s divisions and program portfolio.
• Develop documentation and training materials for user-level enablement on Mass Tech grant pipeline database, document repository, core organization workflows, and other software as applicable.
• Author operational guidelines and task documentation for information flow management, business processes, and management reporting while continually looking for opportunities to improve systems and workflows.
• Manage backend database and file stores to include routine data sanitization, management, and audit activities, in databases such as Airtable and collaboration spaces such Sharepoint.
• Maintain the grant pipeline data and pipeline analytics database, including coordinating and presenting pipeline to internal and external audiences.
• Assist in tracking, monitoring, and analyzing key processes and outcome metrics within a project management system.
• Communicate and conduct briefings, as appropriate, for explaining new projects, processes, tools, and tasks, demonstrating technologies, and building consensus for change.
• Represents organization at governmental and external events, as directed, in a manner befitting a public trust organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business field
• 3+ years of professional experience in operations, data analysis, or other related field
• Takes initiative, be collaborative, be a team player, and be resourceful.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
• History of performing sophisticated data analysis, developing analytics tools, and presenting findings to support recommendations.
• Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems.
• Excels at delivering results in a dynamic multi-stakeholder environment.
• Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills, maintains a high attention to detail, and complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Experience overseeing critical business systems and workflow processes.
• Experience gathering requirements, converting business requirements to conceptual data models, and preparing data transformational rules.
• Fluency in database hybrid such as Airtable or relational databases. Experience configuring and managing front-end software such as Tableau, SQL and Python a plus
• Experience transitioning legacy on-premise practices to cloud-based technology stacks in digital transformation initiatives a plus
** PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATES TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN WESTBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS AT LEAST TWO DAYS PER WEEK. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION. **
MassTech offers a hybrid work schedule and a competitive total rewards package.