Chief Financial Officer
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Chief Financial and Operations Officer leads, directs, and manages the corporation's financial, administrative, and programmatic operations, including but not limited to accounting, budget, and investment functions. The CFO reports to the Executive Director as part of the leadership team and works in concert with Senior Program Management to meet organizational goals.
FINANCIAL STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Establish current and long-range financial goals and objectives. In concert with the Executive Director, oversee the adequacy and soundness of the corporation's financial structure and administration, ensuring that all necessary controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Develop, implement, manage, and monitor the corporation’s annual budget process.
- In concert with the Executive Director, develop, implement, manage and monitor the corporation’s investment strategy, making changes where necessary to ensure best possible return and investment security in compliance with statutory standards.
- Develop corporate financial management strategies, policies, and procedures and direct their implementation in concert with the approval of the Executive Director
- Evaluate the corporation’s financial position and issue periodic reports on the organization’s financial stability and liquidity.
- Develop corporate financial information management strategies, policies and procedures and direct their implementation with the approval of the Executive Director
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Provide guidance, direction, and authorization to direct reports to carry out organizational goals, objectives and plans consistent with established policies and procedures. Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood.
- Meet regularly with Accounting Department staff to ensure its operation in accordance with the corporation’s current and long-range organizational goals, objectives, plans, and policies.
- Oversee the Controller in providing and administering financial procedures, business applications, and systems necessary to afford effective accounting services and controls and maintain all necessary corporate financial records.
- Manage and provide leadership to the IT Director and Finance team to support Mass Tech goals.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of staff and coach them to success
- Analyze proposed and existing operational and programmatic issues, determine their financial impact and make recommendations as to their feasibility to senior management and the Executive Director
- Review and approve procurements, solicitations, awards, contracts and invoices in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure accuracy for all financial considerations, including budget status, funding sources, allowable costs, payment terms, and accurate general ledger and activity coding.
- Manage and oversee all matters regarding lease arrangements for tenants on MassTech property and lease arrangements for off-site MassTech offices.
- Ensure that the organization has appropriate business and property insurance coverage to minimize business risks and property loss.
- Review/ approve biweekly payroll to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Prepare analysis and financial models for annual salary adjustments and approve salary amounts for new hires and all other staff and salary adjustments.
- Manage and direct the financial components of all planning and negations pertaining to proposed changes to the MassTech campus and the building and structures,
- Arrange for and manage external audits by independent CPA firm.
- Serve as corporate liaison to the State Auditor
- Report on corporate finances to the Board of Directors as necessary and requested; provide all necessary and requested financial analysis, data, and background material.
- Provide financial oversight to the network operator of the MassBroadband123 network and participate as a member of the Integrated Planning Team
- Serve as MassTech corporate Treasurer; perform all Treasurer duties in compliance with enabling legislation
- Assist with the development of financial terms and conditions and budget templates to be used in procurements, solicitations and financial contracts.
- Serve as lead for engagement with the Executive Office of Economic Development on financial matters, including planning for appropriation and bond fund projections, contract development, and quarterly financial reporting requirements.
- Serve as corporate liaison to the Budget and Operations Committee of the Board of Directors
- Coordinate the schedule of and set the agendas for the Budget and Operations Committee meetings. Provide all necessary and requested financial analysis, data and background material.
- Support Chief Human Resources Officer with compensation analysis for the Personnel and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and attend meetings.
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
** PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATES TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN WESTBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS AT LEAST TWO DAYS PER WEEK. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION. **
MassTech offers a hybrid work schedule and a competitive total rewards package.